This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problem with faked MPEG videos feature as default setting
It seems, since the the revision 1537 the faked MPEG videos feature is enabled as default. So far so good. Unfortunately, I have a problem to load a specific CSO image:
Title: Super Fruitfall
DiscID: ULES00639
Firmware: 3.11

If I want run the game, I get the faked MPEG video screen.
This image was running well on revision 1536.

Of course, the options " Use Media Engine " and " Use JPCSP Connector " are disabled.

Any chance i can disable the faked MPEG videos feature or need this image now a patch ?

Thank you.
Can you skip the faked video by pressing the "start" button, or does it freeze right after?
If not, there may be an issue with this particular game.
(06-09-2010, 01:20 PM)Hykem Wrote: Can you skip the faked video by pressing the "start" button, or does it freeze right after?
If not, there may be an issue with this particular game.

I can not pass the fake video screen, also if I press the " start " or any other button.
As I said, this image was working before revision 1537 (Windows 32-bit build).
Not sure, a default enabled faked MPEG videos feature without to have any possibility to disable it, is a smart solution.
Maybe some other images can have the same problem.
Ok, I just checked this game, and the issue is not the MPEG videos.
If you go to your "patch" folder, there's a deprecated patch for this game (which is overriding the original settings). Delete this file and it should run fine. Wink
(06-09-2010, 05:27 PM)Hykem Wrote: Ok, I just checked this game, and the issue is not the MPEG videos.
If you go to your "patch" folder, there's a deprecated patch for this game (which is overriding the original settings). Delete this file and it should run fine. Wink

Thank you for your help. I can start now the game
but
I still get the faked MPEG videos screen as first and have to wait a while before the game is running. Why ?
At moment, I prefer to use the revision 1536.

Thanks again !
(06-09-2010, 07:31 PM)AnnaWu Wrote:
(06-09-2010, 05:27 PM)Hykem Wrote: Ok, I just checked this game, and the issue is not the MPEG videos.

Thank you for your help. I can start now the game
but
I still get the faked MPEG videos screen as first and have to wait a while before the game is running. Why ?
At moment, I prefer to use the revision 1536.

Thanks again !

Because that's what you would see on a real PSP (those boring intro scenes that don't let you skip them right away). Tongue
hi! i've got the same problem, but it's okay now....
But, is there a way to remove the "faked Mpeg video"?..so that i can view the full storyline..eg.crisis core??
(11-20-2010, 02:19 AM)arthasha Wrote: hi! i've got the same problem, but it's okay now....
But, is there a way to remove the "faked Mpeg video"?..so that i can view the full storyline..eg.crisis core??

Yeah, extract the 7z archive in the lib\windows-x86 directory and enable "Use Media Engine" in the settings. You will be suprised Big Grin
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(11-20-2010, 07:26 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 02:19 AM)arthasha Wrote: hi! i've got the same problem, but it's okay now....

Yeah, extract the 7z archive in the lib\windows-x86 directory and enable "Use Media Engine" in the settings. You will be suprised Big Grin

I extracted the file with 7z and put it into lib\windows-x86 folder and enable Use Media Engine but it didnt work. when I enable Media Engine it didnt even load and giving me this message>> Java.atw.Component(Unkown Source).
(11-22-2010, 03:02 PM)superakubichan Wrote:
(11-20-2010, 07:26 AM)Darth1701 Wrote:

I extracted the file with 7z and put it into lib\windows-x86 folder and enable Use Media Engine but it didnt work. when I enable Media Engine it didnt even load and giving me this message>> Java.atw.Component(Unkown Source).

Download Hyakki's jpcsp launcher here and when you run it, the program you tell you to extract something. Click yes and it will do that. Plus update to the latest svn build here and it should work...
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue