This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brand new to PsP emulation and really lost
I'm not new to emulation. I've been emulating for years since the late 90's. However I never could emulate anything from Playstation or more recent and never really put much effort into learning how until now.

Right now i'm pretty lost in what to do and how PsP emulation is different. A few guilds on youtube seem to suggest that running a psp game is the same as older emulation, just open the emulator and select the rom you want to run. But it's not working for me and i'm not sure why.

I'm trying to emulate Fate/Extra. It may be that it's not compatible, however i've seen screen shots of the game running. I can't seem to get that far.

Where should I start here? Any help?
(11-03-2011, 02:55 AM)ubergeneral Wrote: I'm not new to emulation. I've been emulating for years since the late 90's. However I never could emulate anything from Playstation or more recent and never really put much effort into learning how until now.

Right now i'm pretty lost in what to do and how PsP emulation is different. A few guilds on youtube seem to suggest that running a psp game is the same as older emulation, just open the emulator and select the rom you want to run. But it's not working for me and i'm not sure why.

I'm trying to emulate Fate/Extra. It may be that it's not compatible, however i've seen screen shots of the game running. I can't seem to get that far.

Where should I start here? Any help?

You cant just say its not working and expect help. You need to describe in more details what exactly is the problem.
I could tell you few general tips since you are new to this emulator.
First,update java on java.com
Second,download latest revision of emulator from http://buildbot.orphis.net/
Then,make sure you put your game in umdimages folder.
To start the game,go to "load umd" option,and then press run.
As for settings,you should enable "use media engine" under media tab to see the movies. If you want audio in movies,download program SonicStage and enable "decode audio files with sonicstage".
To improve graphics,go to video/filters/ click anisotropic and in configuration/video check "enable saving ge screen to textures instead of memory"
You can also enable shaders for speedup in most games.
If some games are still slow,under compiler tab change "maximum method size" from 3000 to 50