This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - EUR - ULES01213
(01-27-2013, 09:12 PM)Dooglies Wrote: I was getting a solid 30 fps in town and when fighting small monsters. I didn't get into a large monster fight to test that out.

I guess it's still not really playable until there are sound effects. There's no atrac audio so that sound forge fix won't work.
Yes i am too getting full speed ingame. Its just there is no sound effect :| if only sound effects worked this game would be fully playable.
Hope im posting at the right place....

As of R 3019 ( and i know that because i test this very game on jpcsp every time a new rev comes out ) the game seems to hang on me after a few seconds of play.

happened on 3019, ...20 ...21 and ...22
(03-09-2013, 11:59 PM)warrians Wrote: Hope im posting at the right place....

As of R 3019 ( and i know that because i test this very game on jpcsp every time a new rev comes out ) the game seems to hang on me after a few seconds of play.

Could you post a log file?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(03-10-2013, 08:57 AM)gid15 Wrote:

Hi im not sure what im doing wrong, the log file comes out clean, and at the log level i cant select INFO, theres only "OFF" T.T
Scroll down with the mouse while you are selecting Off till you reach INFO
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
(03-12-2013, 03:56 PM)warrians Wrote:
(03-10-2013, 08:57 AM)gid15 Wrote:

Hi im not sure what im doing wrong, the log file comes out clean, and at the log level i cant select INFO, theres only "OFF" T.T

It's bugged, click Off then press "I" on the keyboard it should work.
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
3072MB RAM DDR2
NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT 1024MB
Java Build 1.8.0-EA-B89
Ok thank you and sorry. First timer. T.T Scrolling on it didnt work. The I trick works, and also, deleting all my settings make the scrolling down work. Weird.

Also I did some research, aparently a lot of revs came out when i first experienced the bug, so i tested each in separate, in diferent folders and also overwriting my usual folder ( So i could test it with and without my settings / temp folders / older files etc )

All revs are the windows 64 bit version

rev 3014 and older = no bug at all

rev 3015 = I cant even use it. I get some sort of crash that deletes my config file, and monster hunter then looks completely buggy on it.

rev 3016 and on = Heres where I found the bug.

Aparently, it does not trigger if you dont interact with the game. I can watch the intro sequence for hours (After you select language) and it wont bug.

But if I go as far as the Data Load screen, after a random number of seconds the game freezes, regardless of me having actually loaded my sagegame (any) or not . Not the emulator, just the game locks.

This happens both with keyboard settings and with my USB gamepad.

Ill host both the log.txt from rev 3016, and a screenshot from the console messages that show past the error ( Dont know if its of any use, but i took it before i realized the info log bug thing. Thanks for that bit of info )

Links :

3016 rev log.txt : http://txtup.co/YjEww

console screenie : http://imgair.net/i/consolescreen-1363101618.jpg

sorry for the mess.

Also, i found another game affected from my collection: .Hack /Link. Exact same issue, same rev, same bug.
Check with revision 3033, it got two VFPU instructions fixed, maybe that fix helped with this game.

Also with other games or more like with just one other game (Digimon World: Re Digitize) I noticed that it freezed when I had checked the option disable optimized vertexinfo reading on the video tab on the emulator configuration. maybe it is the same case for this game.
downloading latest rev now (3034)

i always kept "disable optimized vertexinfo reading" checked, it didnt cause a bug in that game with prior versions of the emulator but ill try.
* EDIT* : Without " disable optimized vertexinfo reading " the game is just a pile of gfx glitches on my screen. Even if that were to somehow fix the issue, would be pointless.

rev 3034: the bug is still there. Aparently i managed to go a bit further into the game before the freeze this time. This time the console didnt give me a shower of error messages, it remained clean.

log link: ( i cant find, for the life in me, how u ppl attach files straight to ur posts without a hosting site )

3034 monster hunter freedom unite log : http://txtup.co/wLNlX

******************** EDIT *********************************************

Ok this will sound weird but please bear with me.

I managed to play for over 15 minutes on 3034 before i got a bug and that got me curious. I had an idea and tried it also on 3016 and had similar results.

The bug aparently isnt triggered by random time, but instead by interaction with game menus, mainly those that require you to frequently use the digital pad instead of the analogue stick, like shops, hiring feline companions, and even selecting savegames to load.

If I just load the very first highlighted savegame and try to play around without going to shops, without talking to ppl and without using d-pad related commands ( like changing the view or selecting game items to use), i simply dont get the bug.

Hardly a workaround tho as u wont get any far without those functions, but i thought perharps this could help. The only workaround so far is downgrading to rev 3014.

it happens both with my keyboard and with my USB joypad.
(03-13-2013, 07:56 PM)warrians Wrote: Hardly a workaround tho as u wont get any far without those functions, but i thought perharps this could help. The only workaround so far is downgrading to rev 3014.

it happens both with my keyboard and with my USB joypad.
I've reverted the part of r3015 that was used by this game. Could you re-test with r3039. I still can't find any bug in r3015, but this revert is worth a test.

Thank you!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log