This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappearing sprites in Fate/Extra
for people with problems with fate\extra

Download 2348

run the game, it should work perfectly if you still have problems with it, its your pc, it works on HD in full screen, and full speed, all the voices and sounds are working 100% playable so far.

and its probably not a revision problem since you're missing the portraits and artworks entirely, run the game with nothing marked and post a pic, with this 2348, if it still don't work its your pc.
I wouldnt say they are gone entierly since the portraits do show up when you initiate a conversation but only for a split second before they disepear again. And this happens everytime, its not like it happens just on the first conversation and never show up again. I also tried revision 2348 (and many others) but still the same problem. Java 7 didnt help either im afraid. I even tried to downgrade my graphic card drivers to see if it would yield different results but alas still exactly the same problem. Im out of ideas with my very limited computer knowledge I posses. We will see if jbslash posts a proper debug log or I might try to do it even though im not entierly sure how to do it. Blush
I'm afraid I still can't make a proper debug log. Even If I try to catch the very moment before the sprites disappear and enable debug logging, the game just stops (like "freezes", but continues if I disable the logger) and the log file just rapidly increases in size. As the very moment of that glitch cannot be catched with the logger working, I doubt that log file (~400 MB after three or four minutes of waiting) could be of any use.
I see, im not very good when it comes to the more technical stuff so im sure I wont figure it out either. Lets hope someone tells us what to do so we can give them a proper debug log so they can take a look at this problem once and for all.
Hello Rinny.
I'm using r2373 and didn't find any issue at all ever since r2361... Character sprites show up perfectly and not disappearing... I've been playing for 2 hours (second preparation day).
I'm using Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT.
Here's my setting...
Code:
[x] Only GE Graphics
[x] Use Shaders
[x] Use Geometry Shader for 2D rendering
[x] Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory
[x] Enable decoding of indexed textures
-- Compiler size = 50
-- Ignore Invalid Memory Access and Ignore Unmapped Imports.

Never check Vextex Cache for this game since it will cause texts to flicker.

P.S : In my playthrough, texts appeared after a dialog in Japanese finished... Is this normal ?
Quote:I'm using Nvidia Geforce 9800 GT.
that's why. the disappearing pictures only happen on very old graphic cards like the 7xxx series.
(11-10-2011, 07:39 AM)tr4nquility Wrote: Never check Vextex Cache for this game since it will cause texts to flicker.

Nope, didn't happen to me.
(11-10-2011, 01:33 PM)icecoffemix Wrote:
(11-10-2011, 07:39 AM)tr4nquility Wrote: Never check Vextex Cache for this game since it will cause texts to flicker.

Well, that's good for you ^_^
In my system and my friend's (using ATI Radeon HD 4830), the text will flicker when there is a dialog with a screen full of solid color in background... For instance, when we talk to NPC there's nothing wrong... but when we enter an event and the main protagonist talks to himself, usually the background will switch to a single color... this is when the text flickers.. This game perfectly playable, getting 27 - 30 fps most of the time...
Try Catalyst 11.10
(11-11-2011, 03:08 AM)tr4nquility Wrote:
(11-10-2011, 01:33 PM)icecoffemix Wrote:

Well, that's good for you ^_^
In my system and my friend's (using ATI Radeon HD 4830), the text will flicker when there is a dialog with a screen full of solid color in background... For instance, when we talk to NPC there's nothing wrong... but when we enter an event and the main protagonist talks to himself, usually the background will switch to a single color... this is when the text flickers.. This game perfectly playable, getting 27 - 30 fps most of the time...

This also happens on my GT550 with the most recent drivers. It can take some time for it to become noticeable, like on the middle of the first conversation with Shinji after I explored the entire school and spoke with everyone, but it eventually happens.
Windows 7 x64
E8400@3.6GHz
4GB DDR2@800MHz
Nvidia 550 Ti