This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disappearing sprites in Fate/Extra
Hello everyone.

Here's the problem that I have when playing Fate/Extra. In dialogs sprites with talking character and text background are missing, like that:
[Image: 672b2236eecb.jpg]
That's not a big problem itself, as the text is still readable, but later, after that first conversation, when you appear in the schoolyard, menu is missing too (though it blinks from time to time), so it is impossible to continue.

Jpcsp v0.6 2367, tried both 32-bit and 64-bit versions, problem is the same.

Jpcsp configuration: see attachment. Tried various settings in Video tab — no changes.

System:
Core i7 930, X58 chipset, 2Gb RAM, GeForce 7800GT (driver version: 285.62), Windows 7 Ultimate N x64, Java JRE v6 update 29 (both 32-bit and 64-bit).

Oh, and sorry for my English.

Attached Files
.rar   Settings.rar (Size: 1,023 bytes / Downloads: 83)
a guy on another board said you need your video to be set in a specific way to see those.

use shaders
use geometry shader
enable vao
enable saving ge to memory
enable dynamic shader generation

try those and see if it helps, he showed some screens that looked just fine for him.
Thanks for reply. Unfortunately, that didn't help. Sprites and menu are still missing even with these settings.
might be your graphic card then, geforce 7xxx series are pretty old and had problems.
video card and config problem
That might be, but Jpcsp 2110 (video: use shaders, use geometry shader, enable vao, enable saving ge to memory, enable dynamic shader generation) shows all sprites. Yet that build of Jpcsp always crashes after the conversation with Issei.
I have the exact same problem as jbslash and I also have a GeForce 7xxx card. But if it really is a problem with that seires of cards I find it strange that the sprites show up in a older version of JPCSP as stated above. Serio, can you be so kind as to direct me to that other board of yours where they also discussed this? Oh yeah, jbslash before I forget any luck yet with the problem? I have experimented with the settings on JPCSP but with no luck so far im afraid. T_T
it was on an image board, so nope, the thread's already gone.

it might be an opengl or shader problem. btw. without posting debug/info level logs you won't get any help from the devs, since they won't be shooting in the dark without knowing what's the precise problem.
Here's the INFO level log. I am not sure about how to make a correct DEBUG level log. If I try to enable it, the game won't even start while the size of the log file is about 200 MB after I wait for two or three minutes.

Attached Files
.rar   log.info.rar (Size: 2.35 KB / Downloads: 74)
probably changing to debug level after you're about to see the missing character pictures would work.

btw. is it the same on java 7?