This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Digimon Adventure - NPJH50686
This game was tested with revision d24a39e. There is a particular cutscene and area that suddenly experiences dramatic slowdown (from 28-30 to about 12-14 FPS). Since this game and Digivice Ver. Portable were made by the same developer (Prope), there was a possibility that certain areas may experience slowdown if they share similar code. At the aforementioned cutscene, I clicked on "Reset profiler information" and waited for 10 seconds before closing the emulator. Other instances where the performance is not great is at the Save/Load screen (about 19-20 FPS) and when the character is able to move in an open environment (about 12-14 FPS).

The other issue is how objects and the surrounding background have lines traced on them. On the PSP (1st Screenshot), only the character models have lines traced on them. With OpenGL (2nd Screenshot), the lines are traced on anything that appears in the environment. Even if none of the options are selected on OpenGL, the lines still appear on everything. If the option "Enable the shader implementation for the "Stencil Test" (more accurate but slower)" is selected, the lines disappear from everything (including the character models). The External Software Renderer (3rd Screenshot) does the best job of resembling the scene that is shown on PSP with the exception of a slight lighting issue (the ground and grass nearest to the character on the upper left is darker on the PSP) and vertical dotted lines that may appear on the center of a character's face.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.zip   Log_rd24a39e(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 106.27 KB / Downloads: 88)
On revision b7a1d8b, I tried checking the areas mentioned in my previous post with the compiler option set to 50 to see if there would be any slowdown. The areas still experience bad performance at 14 FPS for the cutscene and 11 FPS on a tutorial screen. I'm not sure if the issue is related to a heavy amount of instructions (over 25%) being run in the background or if it's a graphics related issue.

Cutscene:
Code:
_S1_2_0x0895258C 41,580,042 instructions (34.028%), 1,946,840 calls (0895256C - 08952F48, length 632)
GE list duration: 9776ms, average 74.1ms per GE list, max FPS is 13.5

Tutorial:
Code:
_S1_2_0x0895258C 48,721,020 instructions (34.289%), 2,287,666 calls (0895256C - 08952F48, length 632)
GE list duration: 10353ms, average 87.7ms per GE list, max FPS is 11.4

As I mentioned in my previous post, there is still an issue with the graphics (lines on most parts of the environment) on OpenGL.

Attached Files
.zip   Log_rb7a1d8b(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 196.27 KB / Downloads: 94)