This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi! I'm new here! Need some help to run Yugioh Tag Force 6
psp 
I've read most of the Stick posts for PSP and I'm truly thankful to have this application.

I'm a Mac user and here are the specs I'm using:

Mac OSX
Version 10.7.2
Processor 2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
java version "1.6.0_37"
Java™ SE Runtime Environment
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.12-b01-434, mixed mode)

I've seen that you need to run Java 7 but it is only offered on 10.7.3 or later version and I've also read that it should be ran on a 32-Bit Java. I'm not planning to upgrade my Mac Version since most of my programs run on 10.7.2

Here's the problem I encountered:
I downloaded the latest version of 2957 uploaded today so I'm quite sure I'm running the recent one. I also downloaded a JPCSP-2340 (earlier version) to run a test.

I'm planning to play "Yugioh Tag Force 6 - 5DS". I ran it on 2957 using the configuration I found on the forum and it doesn't start at all. I tried running it on 2340 and it starts up to the Main Menu only (The Start game loads, like assigning names, yada-yada, but it just freezes during the loading part where I plan to run the game) and the game flickers which hurts the eyes (probably the FPS but I don't know how to fix this because the older version doesn't have any FPS control). I've seen someone play it on YouTube (a little bit slow but playable) but the version of his PSP is no longer available on the site cause it's way to old so I'm pretty sure running it on a higher version is possible.

If I need to post more details, I'm more than willing to update this post and I'll really appreciate it if somebody can help me about this. I'm not a very techie person but I'll try to understand the posts.

Thanks guys!!
You could try posting an info log. Use this guide:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=70898
[Image: montcer.png]
psp 
(01-15-2013, 04:59 AM)montcer9012 Wrote: You could try posting an info log. Use this guide:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=70898

Hi sir, Thanks for replying to this post. I was losing hope to run this emulator.

Here are 2 different log.txt (zip) files from 2 different versions.
1. The latest version which is 2957 - which doesn't really run
2. version 2340 - This version runs the game but the screen flickers and it freezes after the "Story Mode" menu is selected.

If I will be able to run this game (at its very decent) I'll try to make an interactive tutorial for this so it will be much easier for other forum members to run PSP emulator on Mac.

I don't consider myself to be a very technical person but I'm willing to share it to everyone after I learn to set this up.

Thank you!! ^_^

Attached Files
.zip   log_using_2340.zip (Size: 5.19 KB / Downloads: 109)
.zip   log_using_2957.zip (Size: 2.5 KB / Downloads: 113)
From your log:
r2957 Wrote:WARN com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader - Failure: library load of library: xuggle; version: 5: absolute path: /Users/padillafrancisemiljoash/Desktop/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/macosx/libxuggle.dylib; error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /Users/padillafrancisemiljoash/Desktop/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/macosx/libxuggle.dylib: no suitable image found. Did find: /Users/padillafrancisemiljoash/Desktop/Jpcsp.app/Contents/Resources/Java/lib/macosx/libxuggle.dylib: mach-o, but wrong architecture

ERROR com.xuggle.ferry.JNILibraryLoader - Could not load library: xuggle; version: 5; Visit http://www.xuggle.com/xuggler/faq/ to find common solutions to this problem

WARN me - GUI - Xuggler is not available on your platform

On the other hand, early xuggle on r2340 doesn't prevent it to start so what stop JPCSP from running is that xuggle 5 isn't compatible with MAC OS, or the version used on the build is fault, i am not sure.

From now on, you could do 3 things in order to get JPCSP running on your MAC:
1. Go to www.xuggle.com, download a compatible xuggle (Maybe an old one) version with MAC and then download JPCSP source code, and manually compile it.

2. In case you don't know how to compile yourself, go to this section of the forum:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=56
And open a thread with a name like "Compiled Xuggle on latest JPCSP isn't compatible with MAC", explain your situation, post your logs and wait for someone that can compile JPCSP for you with an compatible xuggle version.

3. To run the game it self, is better wait you can run latest JPCSP build since many improvements have been made on it. Also, you could try find a newest release than r2340 but earlier to Xuggle 5, like r2537. Remember that you could found JPCSP builds here: http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
[Image: montcer.png]
I'll try compiling a Xuggle before. I saw this error too but I was struggling about the making my own Xuggle. I'll take your advise. If I get the heck out of this, I'll really put a tutorial for this. Thank you montcer9012

By the way... Please don't close this thread yet. ^_^