This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major issues with first-time use
(01-21-2013, 05:34 PM)serio Wrote: btw. jpcsp is currently the best psp emulator available, so if you need to throw a tantrum about it not working right for you, then your only other choice is to use your real psp.

lol. You're not....... mad, are you?

I forgot to mention that I have a working PS1 emulator. That's about as close to a PS2 emulator as I have.

JPCSP may be among the best, but I happen to be informed enough to know it has competition from other emulators which are arguably better, to be objective here, if I may. Although a lot of them have hangups that annoy me too, so yeah, I'm considering in investing in an actual PSP. I could just play on my TV, and that would be equivalent to an emulator that's easy as fuck. Plus, a console with the ability to emulate retro games on the go is good if I can find someplace away from home I can stand to be seen playing games in. I think handhelds are for kids, and a man shouldn't be playing games outdoors in the real world :/ add to the fact that cellphones have emulators as well. Hmmmm. Buying a handheld you play at home? Idk. I might just wait for the PSP4all.
If upgrading your computer is not an option, yeah, its better for you to just play on a psp; however, i find there is quite a bit of a difference between playing on my psp and playing on my 42" led at 1080p + antialiasing Big Grin

By the way, you seem to not be informed enough, because jpscp is currently the best emulator when it comes to compatibility and performance and this wont change anytime soon.
Phenom II x4 BE 3500 mhz - 8gb DDR3 1333 mhz - HD5870 1gb
Core i3 2350M 2.3 ghz - 8gb DDR3 1333 mhz - HD 3000
Core i5 4570 3.6ghz - 16gb DDR3 1600 mhz - GTX970 4gb oc
Quote:lol. You're not....... mad, are you?
nope. but you apparently are, calling it "crappy emulator" and threatening to "delete it" as if it ate your kitten.
Quote:I'm considering in investing in an actual PSP
which means you don't have one yet. did you pirate the game then? you can't dump it off the umd without a real psp.
LOL OH I SEE.

It's like a new car-pissing contest for nerds: who's got the most powerful computer, trading horsepower for rampower. Because you get to have a computer strong enough to use up most of your CPU, you have the benefit of playing JCPSP: the greatest damn emulator on the interwebs. I gotcha. I'm sure there are bigger e-penises around on this forum, though. You may have won this battle, but have you won the war?

Also, the emulator looks terrible when you magnify it, but with a size like that pimp screen of yours, you may not need to. But naw dawg, JPCSP ain't the best because you can play it on your tricked out computa.
now you're really mad. chill out, dude.

it's not a pissing contest, it's more of a "sorry, but this 7.1 surround radio won't work in your 1920s antique car" thing. psp is a pretty modern system, it's still not completely understood, and requires a very fast cpu/gpu to be emulated right. the technology that's needed by the psp to be emulated doesn't exist in your pc, cause it's too old.

your pc's simply too old to run modern emulators, and you take it way too personally instead of a "oh, so i need a new graphic card/cpu to run this", after which you either upgrade it or just walk away/wait for emulator to progress to get faster rather than creating drama.

Quote:JPCSP ain't the best because you can play it on your tricked out computa
it's the best because it can run the most games, and works the fastest out of them. every other emulator is miles behind jpcsp since it's been worked on for the longest time.
(01-21-2013, 07:31 PM)serio Wrote:
Quote:lol. You're not....... mad, are you?
nope. but you apparently are, calling it "crappy emulator" and threatening to "delete it" as if it ate your kitten.
ah naw naw naw dawg, I ain't nothin nearly resemblin tantrums. Take a chill pill gurl. I aint mean no personal disrespect to your baby
Quote:I'm considering in investing in an actual PSP
(01-21-2013, 07:31 PM)serio Wrote: which means you don't have one yet. did you pirate the game then? you can't dump it off the umd without a real psp.

Yeah, I know.

(01-21-2013, 07:47 PM)serio Wrote: now you're really mad. chill out, dude.

it's not a pissing contest, it's more of a "sorry, but this 7.1 surround radio won't work in your 1920s antique car" thing. psp is a pretty modern system, it's still not completely understood, and requires a very fast cpu/gpu to be emulated right. the technology that's needed by the psp to be emulated doesn't exist in your pc, cause it's too old.

your pc's simply too old to run modern emulators, and you take it way too personally instead of a "oh, so i need a new graphic card/cpu to run this", after which you either upgrade it or just walk away/wait for emulator to progress to get faster rather than creating drama.

Quote:JPCSP ain't the best because you can play it on your tricked out computa
it's the best because it can run the most games, and works the fastest out of them. every other emulator is miles behind jpcsp since it's been worked on for the longest time.

Lol no dude, I'm not mad, or offended at all. I'm just messing with you guys XD

I'm not sure if the technological gap is THAT wide, but I see what you're saying.