This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
v0.5.4: Can't seem to get games to start
10-27-2011, 03:25 AM
v0.5.4: Can't seem to get games to start
Hello

I actually have owned every PSP, but due to my disabilities, I have a very hard time manipulating the analogue nub. (I have a severe form of muscular distrophy) I did buy a PSP Go, strictly for the ability of using a dualshock 3, which I loved... but then the screen was too small Sad, I tried hooking it up to my TV with all the accessories, but then when I played shooters (which are my favourite), I had a hard time using the face buttons as a second "analogue". I decided I would try an emulator, and I chose PCSP. I also use MotionInJoy Smile

At first I couldn't open any games I had downloaded, it said they were "encrypted". I found the option to turn on the built in decrypter in the settings, and that message no longer appeared when trying to open the UMDs. Now nothing happens... haha. It appears that its about to work, but its still just a white screen, and it says "FPS: 0" at the bottom left. I figured it just needed a little "kick" by going to "Emulation > Run", but then it says "pcsp.exe has stopped working - Checking for solutions... yada yada"

I'm not very tech-savvy with accessing and fiddling with settings, so if I need to do something, please tell me in simple instructions... I've never even hacked any of my PSPs, I have no clue how you do that...

My computer specs are

Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: AMD Athlon™ II P320
Dual-Core Processor
2.10GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB (3.74 GB usable)

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-27-2011, 07:28 AM
RE: v0.5.4: Can't seem to get games to start
PCSP has low compatibility and that's mainly one of the reason we started rewritting it from scratch. Although the progress on the new pcsp is progressing every day it is not capable to run any commercial games yet
10-27-2011, 08:31 AM
(10-27-2011 07:28 AM)shadow Wrote:  PCSP has low compatibility and that's mainly one of the reason we started rewritting it from scratch. Although the progress on the new pcsp is progressing every day it is not capable to run any commercial games yet

I saw that, can't wait to try it out too!

But I'd like to get PCSP v0.5.4 running properly. Surely its compatible with at least ONE of the games I've downloaded. Emuparadise said PCSP was the better choice between JPCSP and PCSP.

Did I miss something in the setup/installation?

Do I need to switch to an older version?

Thanks for the reply, by the way Smile
10-27-2011, 12:53 PM
which games are you trying? post a list here and i will tell you if it works
10-27-2011, 02:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 03:03 PM by Zekro.)
why are you trying that hard to use pcsp?Wait for the new realease(the one that is made from scratch)

Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
10-27-2011, 04:54 PM
Guys get this to work...fast this is my only hope
10-27-2011, 08:57 PM
The games I have tried so far, that give the mentioned error upon clicking Run:
Alien vs. Predator Requiem
Call of Duty Roads to Victory
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
Killzone Liberation (flashes black screen, "FPS" reads 59-61, then gives the mentioned error, then closes)
Little Big Planet
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker (does nothing, doesn't run, doesn't give error)
Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops Plus (does nothing, doesn't run, doesn't give error)
PBR: Out of the Chute

Other games I wish to play, that aren't finished yet:

Family Guy: The Game
God of War: Chains of Olympus
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
GTA: China Town Wars
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Gun Showdown
Modnation Racers
Motor Storm: Arctic Edge
Resistance Retribution
Scarface: Money, Power, Respect
Tekken 6

To virgil94:

I'm not really overly trying, I'm trying as hard as I should have to... if something is made available, it must work, right? Why would something made available to people not work? And who knows how long it will be before the new PCSP is made usable and available?, why should I have to wait, while PCSP v0.5.4 works for others? Not trying to sound rude or anything, I'm just inquisative Smile
10-28-2011, 02:50 PM
Ok,thanks for explainationBig Grin.

Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
11-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Stll waiting for a solution or something...

Thanks
11-03-2011, 09:04 PM
None of those games are running. JPCSP is a better candidate for the moment for those games. PCSP is a little more complicated to code so it takes more time to be developed because it's highly multi-threaded. Besides, we developers have all a job. So its progression is less fast than JPCSP unhopefully.