This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RAM issue
(04-16-2013, 09:25 AM)digiadventures Wrote: Did you guys ( or gals ) try messing with java options in .bat file which starts jpcsp?
Are you using 64bit windows ? Did you try both 32bit and 64bit jpcsp ?

I have 32bit windows so I used the 32bit version of JPCSP.

About the java options, I've been trying a lot of configurations by using JPCSP launcher, but none of them have worked so far.

Theese are some of the results I got:

- Using Default option for garbage collection gives the same result as using ConcMarkSweep. The other options doesn't seem to work for me (the emulator crashes as soon as I run it).

- Disabling both MaxPermSize and ResCodeCacheSize options in Advanced Tab makes the game start slowing down much faster (during the second duel instead of the 4th)

- Using the AgressiveHeap option (advanced tab) makes the emulator crash as soon as it's started.

- Reducing the default size of MaxPermSize and ResCodeCacheSize gives graphical issues and eventually the game crashes.

- Increasing the default size of MaxPermSize and ResCodeCacheSize makes the emulator give an out of memmory error if you play with animations enabled (when characters play a card, etc). If you disable animations you can only play properly until the 4th duel. At that point the game will start slowing down and will be barely playable (due to the RAM consumption).

- Reducing the default size of Xmx makes the emulator start slowing down faster (probably depending on how much you reduce it).

- Increasing the default size of Xmx makes the emulator give an out of memory error if you play with animations enabled (haven't tried playing without animations yet).

- Enabling the options -Xinc or -XX:+CMSIncrementalMode (this one is in the Garbage Collector tab) doesn't seem to change anything, but I left them disabled just in case.

I've tried some more configurations I found arround the forums but so far none of them have worked for me :/ I don't know what else to do.

kyousuke Wrote:Everyone else who's having the same problem, please leave a post here with your PC specs, your version of Java, version of JPCSP and your OS.
To check what version of java is installed on your PC, open CMD and write java -version.

Here's my info:

- CPU: Pentium Dual Core E5700 @ 3.00 GHz
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 440 (1745 MB)
- RAM memory: 2 GB

- Java version: 1.7.0_17
- Java HotSpot Client VM <build 23.7-b01, mixed mod, sharing> (idk if this one is necessary but I posted it just in case)

- DirectX version: 11
- Graphic driver version: 314.22 (latest)

- JPCSP version: 0.6 r3104
- JPCSP Launcher: v 1.8.0.4

If there's anything else I can post, please tell me. I want this bug to get fixed so bad Sad

EDIT: I just tested the emulator with Xmx default size increased and animations disabled but it crashed after the first duel result screen -.-

EDIT 2: I just tested the emulator with the option New Ratio (Garbage Collector tab) enabled and it's default value reduced to 1, but after the first duel the game became really slow and the RAM memory was almost full.

Messages In This Thread
RAM issue - by Nesjo - 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-05-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: RAM issue - by digiadventures - 04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM