This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RAM issue
(04-15-2013, 11:56 AM)kyousuke Wrote: Once I talked with a guy who knows a few things about java (even though he's not a professional), when I described the problem he said it's probably a bugged function of my java version or inside the emulator which causes a "recursive call" that doesn't remove temporary variables or something like that, they keep stacking and the result is an excessive memory usage. I don't know if that's the real cause but it might be worth to check it.

Well, I haven't thought of this. I'm currently learning programming at university and I understand what your friend is refering to. Unfortunately, if this is the case, then we'll have to wait for the devs to find a solution for it since there's since I can't think of any way for the users to fix it by themselves (it's a coding problem). However, there's something I'm worried about:

(04-15-2013, 11:56 AM)kyousuke Wrote: This is a very old bug, always been there since the first time I tried JPCSP

If the bug is so old and the devs haven't fixed it yet, then maybe we shouldn't hold our breath. Considering that so far they haven't even bothered to answer anything related to this issue (I want to believe that they're too busy with other things), I don't know if they'll fix it any time soon Undecided.

It's kind of frustrating since the emulator runs perfectly during the first 3 duels, and there's nothing we, as users, can do to fix this by ourselves.

(04-15-2013, 11:56 AM)kyousuke Wrote: (in PPSSPP this doesn't happen, it runs smooth even while I'm encoding videos with MeGUI... xD)

I tried using PPSSPP but that emulator barely works for this game. I get like 1 frame every 4 seconds (and that's just the initial loading screen). It's impossible to play the game like that, so sadly, as I see it, it's not an option for now.

If there are any devs reading this, please at least reply telling us that you are aware of this issue. That, at least, would bring me some hope Sad.

Messages In This Thread
RAM issue - by Nesjo - 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-05-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: RAM issue - by digiadventures - 04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM