This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
RAM issue
(01-03-2013, 08:20 AM)Nesjo Wrote: Hi all,

I'm having trouble playing a game with JPCSP (currently it's Yu-Gi-Oh Tag Force 5) : the first minutes i play it, i've no big problems to run it (except sometimes FPS drop, but it's ok, but after a certain amount of time, it gets unplayable. The game becomes very slow, and when i check Task Manager, i see that java.exe i using a lot of memory : usually 3-3.5 Gb. I noticed too that this amount of memory used grows up as i play the game.

Hi, I've been playing this game too in JPCSP and I noticed that I have this issue as well. I've tried using several different configurations, including those provided by the users in this post, but nothing seems to fix the problem, as you said.

However, after several days of testing without success, I noticed that the RAM usage increases everytime you start a duel, particularly at the begining of the first AI's MP1 (Main Phase 1) of each duel, but then it doesn't decrease even after you have finished the duel, so by the time you are in the 4th consecutive duel (during tournaments for example) the game becomes very unstable and pretty much unplayable, and there's no option in the emu that allows you to avoid this RAM overuse.

After realizing this, I tried using JPCSP launcher because I thought that there was some problem with the Garbage Collection (old data isn't being cleaned after you have already finished the duel) but even after attemping different configuratios I couldn't get it working, so I concluded that the problem is within the emu itself (and your post shows that I'm not the only one having this issue).

Although I couldn't find a solution for this problem, I hope that all this information can be useful for you or anyone reading this (especially the devs) so that a way to fix it can be found.

Sorry for my english, and thanks in advance to anyone who can help us! Big Grin

Messages In This Thread
RAM issue - by Nesjo - 01-03-2013, 08:20 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-05-2013, 02:36 AM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 04-15-2013, 11:56 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-16-2013, 01:42 AM
RE: RAM issue - by digiadventures - 04-16-2013, 09:25 AM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 04-16-2013, 10:39 AM
RE: RAM issue - by marcosda93 - 04-16-2013, 07:09 PM
RE: RAM issue - by kyousuke - 05-02-2013, 09:21 PM