This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
[Guide] Decode & Batch Copy PSP Audio / Video
Ok... One, I'm really confused. I've been trying to get audio forever. I'm completely new to all of this. I mean COMPLETELY. And this is all confusing. So, I've tore this forum apart and haven't been able to figure out several things despite all my work.

One, I can only get audio by playing the game on the "Use JSCSP" option and then comback later to have it(this goes for ALL audio, not just the movies. I can't figure out how to get the audio files.). Can someone please explain to me, in dumb terms how to fix this? I mean like step by step.

2: I can't get the game to operate more than like 5 to 10 fps. WTF? I saw a comment talking about 30. How come I can only get 5 to 10? Can someone please help me?

3: Last, I have a cso. file so I can't mount it and open it with umd. So how do I get the videos, with sound, out of the emulator to watch at a normal speed.

And please talk in dumb people speak. I was able to understand some of this stuff here but not enough to be able to figure out these problems. PLEASE HELP! Sad
Why does the converter always say "Start Checking" for like hours when Ive playced the exe files of the three that i needed in the tmp folder???
I remember that once i got it right (that it said finished) but i messed up with alot of other stuffs so i started over and since all i get is "start checking" stuff.

ive got like everything installed and all, i feel like im getting there soon - its just this converter just wont say finished when ive done everything i should.

I use the latest of everything (launcher 1.3.0.4/jpcsp 1873)

got windows 7 64 bit, but i installed the jpcsp 1873 in 32 bit because 64-bit version doesnt play my crisis core..

so yea, any solutions folks?
::Update::
Jpcsp r1876 can now decode video audio on the fly (needs sonicstage and himdrender).

I will still leave convertie up but now it should only be needed for certain at3+ files (ie: crisis-core bgm)
(12-01-2010, 11:59 PM)hyakki Wrote: ::Update::
Jpcsp r1876 can now decode video audio on the fly (needs sonicstage and himdrender).
himdrender is included in the Jpcsp distribution, only sonicstage has to be installed additionally.
(12-01-2010, 11:59 PM)hyakki Wrote: I will still leave convertie up but now it should only be needed for certain at3+ files (ie: crisis-core bgm)
Is it not also decoded automatically? It would be interesting if you could post a DEBUG log file when this bgm should start playing, or could you try to call DecodeAudio.bat manually to see if HIMDRENDER reports some problems while converting...

Once again, thank you Hyakki for your help in implementing the external audio decoder in Jpcsp! :-)
hye..i've actually done all of the above, there is a movie but without any sound, may i knoe the problem? thanx...
and, when i start the game, this time, after the first movie of crisis core new game, i get a frozen screen.....is my jpcsp corrupted?
by the way, i unclicked the shaders off
it says "unknown tread path"etc..
Please help.
Downloaded the latest Jpcsp now (1877) along with the latest launcher (1.3.0.6)

But unfortunately, it doesnt make much difference - the Convertie still refuses to say "finished" because all I get after following your instructions guide several times is just "Start Check" for eternity.
Just what am I doing wrong? ;(

On a positive note, at least the newest Jpcsp version plays a slightly little sound on video clips though (at least on my Crisis Core) - any hopes that they`ll fix the audio for good?
updated first post.
I saw your video tutorial hyakki - so I have a question:

I did (I assume) most of what was shown and written, so what hit me off was when I tried to extract the files with Xpert, put the Rename exe file and activate it to bring forth folders - the problem is I dont get a folder above "Atrac" which stands atop, and as far as my eyesight goes, I dont think I have the folder you clicked on unless I read the numbers wrong.

Could you post the number of that folder? My eyesight is probably bad ;/
Mo0nwalker get the latest jpcsp svn, you don't need to manually decode/extract the audio anymore
yea but without the decode/extract and just the latest jpcsp (I`ve followed what you said - exctracted, used Sonic through the configuration and so on), the sound is still very laggy and hardly hear what they say (I dont hope thats how its supposed to be).