This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
[Guide] Decode & Batch Copy PSP Audio / Video
as for me, i prefer this prog http://geovid.com/Video_mp3_Extractor_PRO/
(07-11-2011, 08:19 PM)hyakki Wrote: Jpcsp can read both filenames, reason for the longer filename is because i couldn't generate the same filename jpcsp uses (it uses a java function that I cant reproduce in another programing language) .
After you use renamer on the files you still need to run convertie to generate at3.decoded files,
you might also need to enable extract media files to tmp dir in Jpcsp options for it to read external files.

anyways I'm not sure how much longer jpcsp will support this method but it should still work.

Hmm.... I give it a shot. At first I tried the long named files, but they were simply *.wav (decoded from *.at3 already) and JPCSP didn't recognize them. Maybe the problem was that the extension was wrong. It never was like "[filename].at3.decoded". Yeah, I definitely try this. Thank you hyakki.

Oh! And your modded JPCSP launcher too! Great help, Thank you again Smile

EDIT: It worked!!! It was really just the extension. How annoying. Anyway, now I can hear those missing tunes. I think doing method B is more accurate than using the internal decoder, so as for me, I stop using it (at least for now). It's still not perfect, in Bleach Soul Carnival, almost every spoken line is contained in a different *.at3. Renamer renamed the majority but still had some left, and Convertie can't decode the renamed because of unknown bitrate. But this is another story (and a difficult one). So with this, my problem with Persona is solved.
there is a great tool for converting video http://www.macvide.com/Macvide_iPod_Converter/
Hi, thanks for the awesome guide!

I'm trying to decode audio files through my PSP for a visual novel. All the sound files are in .dat format, so does that mean the files aren't supported by JPCSP? I'm really stuck at this point.

Sorry for reviving an old thread.
(08-14-2011, 04:27 PM)suzy223 Wrote: Hi, thanks for the awesome guide!

I'm trying to decode audio files through my PSP for a visual novel. All the sound files are in .dat format, so does that mean the files aren't supported by JPCSP? I'm really stuck at this point.

Visual novel? I'm pretty much sure that you're screwed at this point. Only way to decode sound files which are not in *.at3 format is to use a software called Xpert 2 to extract the data (at least I don't know any other method), it comes with various plugins. These plugins are profiles for games, but I bet you won't find your game in the list because the games in the list are mainly pretty mainstream.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 7850 2.80 GHz RAM: 4GB VGA: ATI Radeon 4850HD 512MB/256bit
(08-14-2011, 05:15 PM)megaten666 Wrote:
(08-14-2011, 04:27 PM)suzy223 Wrote: Hi, thanks for the awesome guide!

Visual novel? I'm pretty much sure that you're screwed at this point. Only way to decode sound files which are not in *.at3 format is to use a software called Xpert 2 to extract the data (at least I don't know any other method), it comes with various plugins. These plugins are profiles for games, but I bet you won't find your game in the list because the games in the list are mainly pretty mainstream.

I'm afraid I don't understand. Xpert 2 is an ISO compressor, right? Do you mean I have to convert the sound files to text files and then to extensions supported by JPCSP?

All I want to do is rebuild the ISO with audio formats supported by JPCSP so I don't have to use SonicStage. I'd be able to run it with sound on a Mac that way.
Guys, could you pass me the plugin xpert2 game parasite eve 3rd birthday the USA?
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @2,83GHz
GA-EP45-UD3L rev1.1
2x2GB DDR2 800 OCZ Platinium
Nvidia GF 8600GT 512MB DDR3 600/1200/800
PSU Goldship Real Power 600W
HD Western Digital Caviar Black SATA3 1TB
LG L1753T 17'
CM690
Windows 7 Ultimate X64
Game: God Of War Chain of Olympus

Game ID: UCUS98653

I did extract movies pmf files from the game "PSP_GAME>USRDIR>movies".

All pmf files in the same "movies" folder. "Renamer.exe" put in the "movies" folder and run then i get the Mpeg-* folders.

Copied all the Mpeg-* folder inside Jpcsp\tmp\UCUS98653. Then "Convertie.exe" , "HIMDRendererWin.exe" and "PMFAudioDumper.exe" put in the Jpcsp\tmp. Sonic Stage installed. Then I run the convertie.exe. Tick on Audio Setting=Raw, Video setting=A-LAW.

Click on Decode Audio>Video Audio.

Then it's remain on "converting" status forever and never Finished. Why is that?
Hi everyone,
Can someone give me advice how to solve this problem?
"You need to extract FFmpeg in the jpcsp distribution"
Maybe someone can give me the link for download FFmpeg
Thanks for the help Big Grin
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/index.php
download a new version, it's already pre-extracted there.

the file it asks for is somewhere inside your archive btw, no need to download it.