This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
[Guide] Decode & Batch Copy PSP Audio / Video
(07-05-2011, 08:10 PM)megaten666 Wrote: In Persona 1 Portable, I had some issues with missing BGMs that replaced by some other. I did some research and now I know what's the problem. So after disabling JPCSP-s internal decoder option and manually decoding and renaming the game's *.at3 files, I got files that looks as follows:
"Atrac-0005F244-00204CF3-6C83643A.at3.wav"

Problem is that the emulator didn't recognize this filename format. What it wants is this format:
"Atrac-0005F244-08E29020.wav"

Now, I noticed that every internally decoded file's name had the same last hex values. In this case it's "08E29020". So I begun to rename every wav until I met the REAL problem. Now, I have 5 files with a name beginning with "Atrac-0005F244". If I want to use these files, I have to rename the last part to "08E29020". But 5 different file under the same name can't be possible.

Is there a way to use the "Atrac-********-********-********.at3.wav" format instead of the shorter one? Or there is some workaround so I can hear these "missing" BGMs?

In the case of Crisis Core, it recognized the longer format, or you had to rename to the shorter one too? I didn't get this part Sad

I'm pretty sure that's what hyakki's renamer tool was created for. Link can be found on the first page
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

i found something that helped me in extracting audio files from dissidia, it works like xpert2 but you dont need a plugin for a specific game.

heres the link hope it helps http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12480973/Dissidi...0Suite.exe
(07-05-2011, 09:59 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:
(07-05-2011, 08:10 PM)megaten666 Wrote: In Persona 1 Portable, I had some issues with missing BGMs that replaced by some other. I did some research and now I know what's the problem. So after disabling JPCSP-s internal decoder option and manually decoding and renaming the game's *.at3 files, I got files that looks as follows:
"Atrac-0005F244-00204CF3-6C83643A.at3.wav"

Problem is that the emulator didn't recognize this filename format. What it wants is this format:
"Atrac-0005F244-08E29020.wav"

Now, I noticed that every internally decoded file's name had the same last hex values. In this case it's "08E29020". So I begun to rename every wav until I met the REAL problem. Now, I have 5 files with a name beginning with "Atrac-0005F244". If I want to use these files, I have to rename the last part to "08E29020". But 5 different file under the same name can't be possible.

Is there a way to use the "Atrac-********-********-********.at3.wav" format instead of the shorter one? Or there is some workaround so I can hear these "missing" BGMs?

In the case of Crisis Core, it recognized the longer format, or you had to rename to the shorter one too? I didn't get this part Sad

I'm pretty sure that's what hyakki's renamer tool was created for. Link can be found on the first page.

I already used hyakki's Renamer tool. The renamer created the long filenames. That's what I don't understand. If you used these tools for Crisis Core and if it's worked, than why don't work for me now?
I put JPCSP Connector folder to ms0/temp with my PSP and when I run PSP, I don't see this hombrew(?). Otherwise, I put it in PSP/GAME and run it with my real PSP, this message appears: "sceIoOpen() falied!". How to use JPCSP Connector with a real PSP. My PSP is Slim 2000 (using CFW of course).

JPCSP 64 bit doesn't have FFMpeg-Natives so how to use Convertie ?
ah try running JPCSP 32-bit. use latest build, and about the connnector thingy i cant help you with that, havent used it yet.
Hello guys, I'm using Jpcsp 32bit v0.6 2196 on Super Robot Taisen Z2, i'm using method B, what i did after getting all the needed programs:

1.Run Jpscp 32bit

2.Configuration other than default tick i ticked Media Extract media files to tmp folder (there's also a tab Crypto extract decrypted Eboot.bin to TMP & Extract original PGD file to TMP which i left unticked)

3.Run the iso & it starts extracting files into the TMP with a fake screen, after complete i get Atrac, Mpeg & PGD folders.

4.Open Convertible

5.Click decode audio with default ticks, after complete click decode video, so now the folder has addition of .decoded files

Am I doing it corrrect or i still need to extract using xpert2, rename etc? Does the "extract media to tmp" extract all the media files or just the files that the psp is playing meaning to totally extract all files i need to play all the possible scene/music to get them?

I'm pretty lost with xpert2 as i don't know what plugins are required and how to extract (even after looking at your tutorial the files in the umd are different)

Please help SOS!
Just a reminder batch decoding has been depreciated, I don't understand why so many people are still using this method, Jpcsp can decode audio / video audio standalone now for most games, convertie / batch decoding shouldn't be needed anymore, both jpcsp and convertie use himdrender /ffmpeg to decode the audio, so if convertie can convert the audio then jpcsp should also decode the audio.

Convertie/renamer was made before jpcsp had this functionality.
to rip audio from video i usually use this tool http://geovid.com/Video_mp3_Extractor_PRO/
(07-10-2011, 07:35 AM)hyakki Wrote: Just a reminder batch decoding has been depreciated, I don't understand why so many people are still using this method, Jpcsp can decode audio / video audio standalone now for most games, convertie / batch decoding shouldn't be needed anymore, both jpcsp and convertie use himdrender /ffmpeg to decode the audio, so if convertie can convert the audio then jpcsp should also decode the audio.

Convertie/renamer was made before jpcsp had this functionality.

The reason I tried decoding Persona 1 manually because wrong BGM played here and there. After what you wrote, I don't really understand. Your Renamer tool renaming the audio files to "Atrac-[hexvalues]-[hexvalues]-[hexvalues].at3". You wrote that JPCSP do the same, but it's internal decoder creates filenames like this: "Atrac-[hexvalues]-[hexvalues].oma" (or *.at3 or *.wav). In the latter case, some BGM can played at the wrong time because of some file's name collision. If it's working according to method B, than why the short filenames, risking a bug, instead of the longer ones? Some example at the attachment.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Jpcsp can read both filenames, reason for the longer filename is because i couldn't generate the same filename jpcsp uses (it uses a java function that I cant reproduce in another programing language) .
After you use renamer on the files you still need to run convertie to generate at3.decoded files,
you might also need to enable extract media files to tmp dir in Jpcsp options for it to read external files.

anyways I'm not sure how much longer jpcsp will support this method but it should still work.