This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
[Guide] Decode & Batch Copy PSP Audio / Video
Did you get the 32-bit version of the latest svn? From what I've read, you should get the 32-bit JCPSP even if you have a 64-bit OS.
(05-16-2011, 01:23 AM)teretin94 Wrote:
(05-15-2011, 08:51 AM)ZackFair Wrote:
(05-15-2011, 07:39 AM)teretin94 Wrote: No matter what I try I can not get any sort of audio from my emulator-psp games, they seem to play just fine, but no noise/sound at all, and I downloaded
sonicstage but I can not figure out how to get it to work with my emulator-the
same emulator this forum covers, when I CHANGED the setting on the emulator
to what is mentioned in this thread for use with the sonisstage -The games no
longer will play- I get error messages, so I end up with no sound and no playable game or video -at that setting, if I change back I can play the game -
but no sound.
HELP PLEASE!!!

Do you have 32bit or 64bit windows?

I have 64-bit, my operating system is vista home premium 64bit
did you use 32- bit java and 32 bit revision of the emulator
Because sounds canĀ“t be played when using 64 bit java and emulator
Hmm, I know that JPCSP decodes internally now, but I was trying to see if running Convertie would get more audio files than the player itself using Media Engine, SonicStage, and the extract media files to tmp folder.

Issue is, for some reason, Convertie gets stalled on the start checks message for forever if I doubleclick it to start, even if I run it as admin. Was any solution to this ever found?
I really don't understand the decoding stuff.. I'm trying to play Super Robot Wars Z 2, everything is fine except for the character voice.

I saw your video on youtube and it has character voice, can someone please put together a noob-friendly guide on how to make the character voices work? I tried using method B on your first post (since I don't have a PSP and never gonna buy one cos this game is the only title I want to play) but didn't work.

So.. I'm really confused now
(05-27-2011, 11:06 AM)xcntrc Wrote: I really don't understand the decoding stuff.. I'm trying to play Super Robot Wars Z 2, everything is fine except for the character voice.

I saw your video on youtube and it has character voice, can someone please put together a noob-friendly guide on how to make the character voices work? I tried using method B on your first post (since I don't have a PSP and never gonna buy one cos this game is the only title I want to play) but didn't work.

So.. I'm really confused now

Not all audio in some games like Super Robot Wars can be decoded by jpcsp at the moment. The only solution for the moment is to manually decode the audio files using a psp.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

Hello, I know this is my first post but I actually read these forums often, anyway I had a question because I downloaded hyakki's jpcsp launcher v.06 and there is no media option under configuration mine says general, video, audio, memory, and misc and there is no decode audio files with sonicstage, will someone please tell me how to fix this??
(06-03-2011, 05:36 PM)hghjgj Wrote: Hello, I know this is my first post but I actually read these forums often, anyway I had a question because I downloaded hyakki's jpcsp launcher v.06 and there is no media option under configuration mine says general, video, audio, memory, and misc and there is no decode audio files with sonicstage, will someone please tell me how to fix this??

It's not in the launcher but in the emulator!

Options, Configurations or press F12
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Is there any option to decode the audio during the game without sonicstage (I have some problems with S.S. on win7)? Can I use codecs or anything?
[Image: indexkd.jpg] pingutino: Your heart knows the truth Wink
(06-17-2011, 06:09 PM)Pingutino Wrote: Is there any option to decode the audio during the game without sonicstage (I have some problems with S.S. on win7)? Can I use codecs or anything?

you need sonicstage coz it has the codecs that are used to play/decode psp audio files.

and on another topic, im not sure what to do with batch audio decoding for dissdia NA version, its quite different from FF7CC where you had the discimg files and just let them extract the audio files, while in dissidia i can find at3 files on its bgm folder and pmf files (prolly movie files for psp) on its other folder, but i cant find the other files to decode, i had copied everything in the bgm and movie folder and decoded them as instructed with renamer and convertie but i still cant hear movie sounds, bgms, and some talk scenes.
In Persona 1 Portable, I had some issues with missing BGMs that replaced by some other. I did some research and now I know what's the problem. So after disabling JPCSP-s internal decoder option and manually decoding and renaming the game's *.at3 files, I got files that looks as follows:
"Atrac-0005F244-00204CF3-6C83643A.at3.wav"

Problem is that the emulator didn't recognize this filename format. What it wants is this format:
"Atrac-0005F244-08E29020.wav"

Now, I noticed that every internally decoded file's name had the same last hex values. In this case it's "08E29020". So I begun to rename every wav until I met the REAL problem. Now, I have 5 files with a name beginning with "Atrac-0005F244". If I want to use these files, I have to rename the last part to "08E29020". But 5 different file under the same name can't be possible.

Is there a way to use the "Atrac-********-********-********.at3.wav" format instead of the shorter one? Or there is some workaround so I can hear these "missing" BGMs?

In the case of Crisis Core, it recognized the longer format, or you had to rename to the shorter one too? I didn't get this part Sad