This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 3.27 Average
[Guide] Decode & Batch Copy PSP Audio / Video
(04-02-2011, 10:10 AM)hyakki Wrote: I think Disgaea still has the problem with audio where it only plays the first two sounds , I think manually decoded files worked though I dont have time to re-test though since the game has to many files to extract

more info on the audio issue here.
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....ht=Disgaea

anyways we cant send the files since its not allowed not to mention that game has like 8,000 audio files

Oh, sorry. I didn't know about that game-specific problem. Thanks for clearing it up.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Hi folks.

I'm having a lot of problem installing SonicStage. Tried varies fixes to try and get it installed, but no luck so far. Given up with it for the moment.

Wondered if there was anyway to isntall the required codecs manually? I'm guessing there isn't or it would have been mentioned in the original posts, but thought would ask just in case Smile
(04-10-2011, 09:16 PM)FooAtari Wrote: Hi folks.

I'm having a lot of problem installing SonicStage. Tried varies fixes to try and get it installed, but no luck so far. Given up with it for the moment.

Wondered if there was anyway to isntall the required codecs manually? I'm guessing there isn't or it would have been mentioned in the original posts, but thought would ask just in case Smile

If there was, it would have been implemented into jpcsp already. Then again, I could be wrong. In any case, why can't you install sonic stage? Make sure you try to install sonic stage 4.3 specifically.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

there's a way to install it manually but its more advanced , you need the openmg codec installer (you can get it from your systems temp directory after the sonic stage installer downloads it) and you need the wave writer plugin thats in the data1.cab of the ss_english package ..then you need to manually register the codec with the system (regsvr32), put the file in a permanent place since you cant remove it once you register it.

but like i said its more hard to install and you risk breaking alot of things since your manually registering codecs ..

its easier to install ss rather then go through all the steps above.
Thanks guys.

I was installing 4.3 specifically from the link on original page. I will try and install it again later on today and let you know what problems I was having. Perhaps you can provide some help.

@Hyakki, I don't mind getting my hands dirty with these things, but on the other hand I don't want to go screw my computer up for the sake of getting sound working on videos in an emulator! So yeah, will try the SS route again.
How about decoding psp game's picture?
I want to extract gim file from psp game,what should i do ?
well, if you're talking about opening a game-specific file format, you'd probably need a special tool for that to convert it into png or other pc format. i don't think you can do it with jpcsp.

it could be probably substituted if someone implemented an option to dump any textures/sprites/images visible on screen into a folder (which would go along with the other idea i suggested sometime ago to dump 3d scenes into an obj file or such), and then get to the image you want in game, but that's nowhere the top priority.
No matter what I try I can not get any sort of audio from my emulator-psp games, they seem to play just fine, but no noise/sound at all, and I downloaded
sonicstage but I can not figure out how to get it to work with my emulator-the
same emulator this forum covers, when I CHANGED the setting on the emulator
to what is mentioned in this thread for use with the sonisstage -The games no
longer will play- I get error messages, so I end up with no sound and no playable game or video -at that setting, if I change back I can play the game -
but no sound.
HELP PLEASE!!!
(05-15-2011, 07:39 AM)teretin94 Wrote: No matter what I try I can not get any sort of audio from my emulator-psp games, they seem to play just fine, but no noise/sound at all, and I downloaded
longer will play- I get error messages, so I end up with no sound and no playable game or video -at that setting, if I change back I can play the game -
but no sound.
HELP PLEASE!!!

Do you have 32bit or 64bit windows?
(05-15-2011, 08:51 AM)ZackFair Wrote:
(05-15-2011, 07:39 AM)teretin94 Wrote: No matter what I try I can not get any sort of audio from my emulator-psp games, they seem to play just fine, but no noise/sound at all, and I downloaded
but no sound.
HELP PLEASE!!!

Do you have 32bit or 64bit windows?

I have 64-bit, my operating system is vista home premium 64bit