This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Java out of memory?
I've recently had this problem while playing Super Robot Wars Z2 Saisai Hen. It happened like a month ago. If people have played this, after the first screen you see, it goes to the banpresto logo, bandai logo, etc. Well one day i had a nice time playing the game, and it actually had no problems, as i stated before in the Hakai Hen Playable Games thread, if i played the game for a while, or say that i played the animations a lot, then glitchy graphics will start to appear, like the ones shown.

Before my big problem, the game played and i played the animation a lot, and showed no signs of glitchy problems, before crashing. I thought i wouldn't have this problem anymore. The next time i start to play it again, after the first screen, i can't see the bandai logo screen, and etc. Which was confusing me. So i pressed start to skip it, and going to start game stage, i notice that everything is glitched up. I hear music, but the graphics are god awful, and have never had this problem. I go to Continue, so i can try to see how the gameplay is like. So the map is fine, but the side menu is of course glitched up with white boxes. Even the animation has white boxes of the mobile suit sprites, including text sprites and the like. I tried to screen shot the animation glitches, but the error "Java out of Memory" stops my gameplay. Which is also a problem.(Got the animations and screenshotted them at this time.)

I honestly don't know what to do. I've heard to increase the XmX size, and no luck. However, on Jpcspr2949, i tried it like a week ago, and everything was working again. Being tired i decided not to play much, and closed it. Few days later i go to play, but the problem occurs once again. I'm now using the most updated Revision of Jpcsp, and it's not helping my problem. I thought Native Java code was what i needed, but i don't know anymore.

PC Specs:AMD Sempron™ Dual Core Processor 2200 2.00 Ghz
RAM: 2.00 GB(1.87 GB usable)
System-32bit Operating System
It's a Minimum for Jpcsp, and im fine with the way i play my games on Jpcsp. Its just this graphical problem is blocking my way to play, and i need help from the moderators to help me solve this problem. As far as i know it is a Java out of memory problem, because thats what occurs when the game crashes. I may have to bump this thread just so i can get some people's attention, but whatever i must do to get this problem solved if i can. Never encountered this problem.

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I changed the Xmx to 600, and that stopped, but as soon as im in intermission, about seconds later, the same glitches reappear again, soon emitting the Java out of memory. I'll keep trying to adjust the Xmx.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Update: I'm bumping this, and i just left the Xmx at 600. It'll be a waste of time adjusting. I see that the game's graphics are fine, but only moments later, it glitches up again.
Bumping this thread so hopefully someone sees the problem. It still gives this problem.