This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X - ULUS10068
This game shows, 60 FPS on both but with "Only GE" is faster

And "Save GE to Texture" is slow, Save GE to texture should be faster than Only GE.
Why this game is slow,with GE to texture?Huh

With "Only GE" resize, not working.
Well resize KILL the FPS,but the build of Aredo (r2002)with 16X of AA and 16XAF,with resolution 1024x580 works without kill the many FPS.(1at3FPS)
Edit the batch file which starts JPCSP, and add

-Dsun.java2d.opengl=true

to the command line, (assuming you have FULL OpenGL support) for a small speed boost using OpenGL pipes instead of DirectX. I myself noticed a 10~15fps improvement, without shaders and only Use Vertex Cache.

I Reccomend to install SonicStage and enable all Media options. This will show all cinematics.

Still no SFX though
Just a status update here as of r2136:

Fixed:
Music loops now and playable speeds can be reached with some tweaking (GE grapics to avoid stuttering, even on a Sandy).

Remaining Issues:
- No SFX
- Always hangs on the first launch. You have to press Restart >Run and it'll work just fine the second time. Why would that be??
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
(05-18-2011, 10:48 PM)legend80 Wrote: Remaining Issues:
- No SFX
- Always hangs on the first launch. You have to press Restart >Run and it'll work just fine the second time. Why would that be??
Could you post an updated log file?
(05-19-2011, 08:41 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-18-2011, 10:48 PM)legend80 Wrote: Remaining Issues:
- No SFX
Could you post an updated log file?

Thanks for the interest! I posted one here when I originally found this: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....13#pid9913
Let me know if you need any more info though or new log!
(05-19-2011, 06:44 PM)legend80 Wrote: Thanks for the interest! I posted one here when I originally found this: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....13#pid9913
Where is the reset in your log? It doesn't seem to include the sequence you are describing: run the game, reset when it hangs, run again.
(05-20-2011, 06:18 AM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-19-2011, 06:44 PM)legend80 Wrote: Thanks for the interest! I posted one here when I originally found this: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....13#pid9913
Where is the reset in your log? It doesn't seem to include the sequence you are describing: run the game, reset when it hangs, run again.

Here's a new one with as much as i can capture - it always cuts off a portion of the begining.

This is the end of the spew of the first run before the hang:

INFO hle.scePsmf - - scePsmfSetPsmf (psmf=0x8a327a4 buffer_addr=0x9530090)
WARN hle.sceDisplay - - sceDisplaySetFrameBuf(topaddr=0x0, bufferwidth=512, pixelformat=3, syncType=1) (blocking display output)
INFO hle - - Using external audio 'tmp\ULUS10068\Mpeg-751616\ExtAudio.wav'
------------------
HANG TIME Smile
------------------

Here's the spew from the 2nd run at the same spot and it reaching the main menu:

INFO hle.sceMpeg - - sceMpegFinish
INFO hle.sceMpeg - - sceMpegInit
INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - - hleIoOpen filename = disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/rockx_pack.dat flags = 1 permissions = 00
INFO hle.IoFileMgrForUser - - hleIoOpen filename = disc0:/PSP_GAME/USRDIR/rockx_pack.dat flags = 1 permissions = 00
INFO hle.sceAtrac3plus - - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x09D00000, bufferSize=0x4614C, fileSize=0x4614C
INFO hle - - Decodable AT3 data detected.
INFO ge - GUI - Using Geometry Shader shader-150.geom

Attached Files
.txt   logwes.txt (Size: 18 KB / Downloads: 63)
(05-20-2011, 06:39 AM)legend80 Wrote: Here's a new one with as much as i can capture - it always cuts off a portion of the begining.

WARN hle.sceDisplay - - sceDisplaySetFrameBuf(topaddr=0x0, bufferwidth=512, pixelformat=3, syncType=1) (blocking display output)
------------------
HANG TIME Smile
------------------

Here's the spew from the 2nd run at the same spot and it reaching the main menu:

INFO hle.sceAtrac3plus - - hleAtracSetData atracID=0, buffer=0x09D00000, bufferSize=0x4614C, fileSize=0x4614C
It seems the game has problem to play a video. With r2143, the video should now hang each time (pressing the "Reset" button should not have a different behavior). To investigate this, could you post a custom log file at DEBUG level with just "scePsmf", "scePsmfPlayer", "sceMpeg".
As other users are reporting success to go ingame, the video can probably be skipped by pressing a PSP key...

BTW, take the file log.html created by Jpcsp instead of trying to copy/paste from the log window.
(05-20-2011, 03:26 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(05-20-2011, 06:39 AM)legend80 Wrote: Here's a new one with as much as i can capture - it always cuts off a portion of the begining.

------------------
HANG TIME Smile
------------------

It seems the game has problem to play a video. With r2143, the video should now hang each time (pressing the "Reset" button should not have a different behavior). To investigate this, could you post a custom log file at DEBUG level with just "scePsmf", "scePsmfPlayer", "sceMpeg".
As other users are reporting success to go ingame, the video can probably be skipped by pressing a PSP key...

BTW, take the file log.html created by Jpcsp instead of trying to copy/paste from the log window.

Hopefully this helps! Looks like you can press START and it'll proceed to the FMV. I guess before the 2nd run would just skip the video (and the associated bug). Little did i know, I was missing all the cinematics in the game. Weird.

Attached Files
.zip   log.zip (Size: 5.31 KB / Downloads: 85)
As elluded to in this thread, the game requires "Only GE" gfx to run at playable speeds - otherwise, it is terribly slow and constant stuttering.

BUT if you use that option, all the cinematics are just a black screen. Anyway to fix that or is that just one of the known side effects to using that option?