This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JPCSP Crashes
Whenever I open start-windows-x86.bat, it displays the menu for a few seconds then suddenly closes.

I tried running it in command prompt to find out what happened, it displays this:

Code:
#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x4f74374d, pid=12172, tid=1294
#
# JRE version: 6.0_26-b03
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (20.1-b02 mixed mode windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C  [ig4dev32.dll+0x374d]
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# C:\Users\dse\Jad\PSP Games\PSP Emulator\jpcsp-windows-x86\hs_err_pid12172.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   http://java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

[error occurred during error reporting , id 0xc0000005]

Here are 3 different log files made:

.txt   hs_err_pid12172.txt (Size: 12.95 KB / Downloads: 65)
.txt   hs_err_pid12912.txt (Size: 13.14 KB / Downloads: 59)
.txt   hs_err_pid13676.txt (Size: 13.05 KB / Downloads: 58)

I downloaded the 32bit version of the 2344 build of JPCSP.

My system information:
Code:
Operating System: Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
       System Model: HP Pavilion dv2700 Notebook PC
          Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T2390  @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.9GHz
             Memory: 2038MB RAM
          Page File: 2614MB used, 1700MB available
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11

My Java version:
Version 6 Update 26 (build 1.6.0_26-b03)

Questions:
What's the problem?
How do I make the program work?
Bump? :3
Run JPCSP on a computer with an Nvidia (recommended) or AMD/ATI graphics card. Your HP notebook uses Intel graphics which is just too sucky for JPCSP.
Bump.
did you get it to work? i have the same problem Sad
I had the same problem and I got past the crashing for a while after messing with the configuration, but when I go to save the game I'm playing it crashes.
(10-25-2011, 03:14 PM)Itaru Wrote: Run JPCSP on a computer with an Nvidia (recommended) or AMD/ATI graphics card. Your HP notebook uses Intel graphics which is just too sucky for JPCSP.
Do you really need to because I think I'm running on about the same graphics card as he is and I'm running the game now after fiddling with the configuration, but the only thing is I can't load the game, and when I save the game crashes. Does that have to do with the graphics card? I'm playing on rev 2440 32 bit.