This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Low FPS and Sound Issues*
ok first off hello all, i do realize that having a poor attitude will be less effective in getting results, so if anything i say offends anyone here, i apologize in advance but please forgive my frustration!

that being said, i have the latest Ver. of JPCSP installed, the correct umd.ISO i wish to play and SonicStage also installed, everything would seem that i am ready to play! the game i am trying to play is called: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. now this is where im having tech issues, mainly with my FPS rate and some with sound but i will get to the sound in a moment as i dont have to hear to play but it helps.

i have been to countlkess forums, "ASK" websites and even searched videos as well as "for dummies" all with no results. befor i continue any further i would like to clearify that i am no noob when it comes to computer hard/software, video games or emulators for that matter. but there has to be something i am overlooking.

befor anyone even thinks it, IT IS NOT A HARD WARE ISSUE!

SPECS:
MoBo: ASUS P6T7 WS
CPU: Intel i7 Hex core (overclocked to 4.5Ghz)
RAM: OCZ Gold DDR3 16Gb DIMM
GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX5800 4GB GDDR3 SLI (im using 2 of them)
HDD: 2TB Sea Gate SATA

all drivers are up to date! and im using direct x 11!

i far surpass the minimum requirements for this emulator to run correctly with no issues!

money is not an issue for me and i have both a psp and the UMD i am wishing to play on hand but, i am a die hard PC gamer and truth be told im sick of looking at that little screen of a psp. now im sure there is a way to connect my psp to an HD TV but thats not what i want to do, i have put way too much time and effort into this to give up now. and this issue simply can not go on unsolved. so many of my fellow gamers are facing the same issues.

also i have tried using older versions of JPCSP al the way back to Ver. 2211 with no success!

there are many methods and combinations i have tried in the options/ configuration tab of JPCSP. i have folder with im sure over 50 different combinations i have read -> saved -> tried -> FAILED!
that being said have tried over 7 different .ISOs of this UMD even tried making my own with success but sadly with the same outcome so i know its not the .ISO as i have many of the same game, hmmmm maybe you would say "try converting to a .CSO?" tried that with all my .ISOs to no avail! soooooo maybe its just that game rite? nope! its the same with all of them! so im at a loss!

i cant stress how irritating it is to go to a forum with the same question im posing with 50 - 100+ responses and none of them pertaining to the issue at hand! one of you have the answer and i want it. i mean its an emulator not rocket science or nuclear psychics... and frankly im feeling like this issue has gotten the better of me, to the point where im losing sleep! im sure im not alone!

what gets to me the most is when i see specs less than half of mine running the emulator flawlessly at 60fps solid!

it seems to me that i have covered every base including adjusting the filters, screen resolution and nvidia control panel settings to the highest performance i can get it to be, adjusted my screen refresh rate as well as my color depth to 32bit and higher!

"If it's something that can be stopped, then just try to stop it!"
- Majora's Mask

also smaller and less concerning issue is that im useing SonicStage to enable sound in game for JPCSP. it takes a moment befor the sound works but it will start for me, my issue is this, it plays the music from all games but never plays the sound effects of voice from any of the games! i thought this may be an authentication or registration issue as some features may not work... in theory! so i try to open my SonicStage and it keeps telling me "CANNOT CONNECT TO THE INTERNET"

well.... as you can see i wrote all this and posted it so im clearly on the internet. i did some research and the only thing i found that helped is that the last time anyone could authenticat their SonicStage was in 2007 leading me to believe that it may be a servr side error with SonicStage.... for all i know these are lies that other people have posted. i personaly have no clue if sonic stage will or ever has connected to the internet, all i know it that it will not do it for me.

on top of all that mess im not even sure that if i did connect to the internet with SonicStage that it will enable sound effects or voice for my games so that leaves me with nothing to go on yet again.

my SonicStage is up to date and i have tried both standard Sonic Stage and Sonic Stage Connect both with the same issue!

my sound works fine for everything else so its not a driver or hardware, to the best of my knowledge there is no option in JPCSP for muting SFX only in any tab that i have seen so its not that either assuming that could be the problem.

there are other PSP emulators such as pcsp and ppsspp but will not run the game i wish to play. assuming any who read this have ever played monster hunter freedom unite, those of you who have know that it has to be at full speed to play otherwise you will die every time! FACT! no laughing matter!

so i throw my self at the mercy of another forum hoping somone has the answers i need!

"what am i to do with those who would oppose me, but show them death!"
- Vayn Solidor
seriously? 13 views and not a shred of advice? thats what i was affrade of... well there is 10 mins i took to wright that that i wont ever get back.... no anger directed at any of you guys... just tell me this am i alone with this issue?
Dude, you just have to wait. PSP emulation is only getting started. Ps2 emulation took like 5 years to get games working perfect.
The main issue here is bad compatibility with Monster Hunter series - broken graphics with speedup options, and low performance without them. When it will be fixed - i have no idea, because some games was fixed after year (or more), for example. As they say - "When it's done." ©
The video card is getting kind of outdated, it just supports opengl 3.1 and it's based off the nvidia gtx 285, Jpcsp will also only use one GPU so it won't take advantage of SLI, Jpcsp uses OpenGL (not Directx 11) so it's important to make sure you have the latest drivers installed, it used to work ok on my older 9800 GTX+ so it should work ok on your card,
I'm not sure exactly what CPU you have but if it's the second or third gen I7 make sure Jpcsp is using the NVIDIA GPU and not the integrated Intel video card.....

As for sonic stage you need to use version 4.3 , you don't need to open it for it to work if you hear sound in video playback its most likely doing what its supposed to. some games use mono (at3+) audio for voices this is still unsupported in the emulator, you can use the sound forge method to get these audio types working, more info can be found here
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=5293

as for FPS issues, I can't really say since I don't have this game, post a Log.txt and profiler.txt information for the game, maybe it will have some new info the devs can use to speed it up.

Quote:13 views and not a shred of advice?
you shouldn't expect advice from spambots and regular players/gamers. that's probably what the bulk of those views were, on a slow moving forum like this you shouldn't be surprised if you don't get actual answers for hours or even days, so a mere 1 hour is nothing.

btw.
Quote:have tried over 7 different .ISOs of this UMD even tried making my own
if you tried making your own at the end, how did you get the previous 7?
@ everyone who has replied

thank you for you advice and help i am still working on this matter i may have to take the game back to java programming stage and fix this as well as JPCSP.

i believe i have all the answers im going to get but still i really dont want to get banned for what im about to say.

i may have to take the work that is in fact already copyright, decompile and go from there to fix this. seeing as how i have no intentions on personal profit from this and i already know its going to be a nightmare i feared this to the point of LAST RESORT!

@ serio

this may get me banned, but i have to say i got the other copies of the iso via Torrent, i know that is frowned upon and i DO NOT ADVISE PIRACY!!!

this was for educational purposes only!

all have been deleted due to the fact that they had no better proformance than my original .iso.

Thanks again

bans usually go to repeated offenders who can't take a clue that it's against the rules here (insist on repeating it after warnings), link to illegal stuff ("got it from virus_and_spyware_for_everyone.com"), brag about it ("i did it because i'm such a rebel, man i'm so awesome"), or make up excuses to continue doing it ("PSP IS TOO EXPENSIVEEE, mommy doesn't give me enough allowance to buy one, so it's ok for me to do it and announce it on your forum!") or such.

i think a warning, and a "don't do it again, don't talk about it again" should be enough this time.

i'm just a mini moderator though, so i dunno if that counts, lol.
If he has the umd copy then it shouldn't be that bad
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]