This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Video card VSync disabled in r2887
I've disabled again the video card VSync in r2887.
The tests reported in r2816 were quite positive, see
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid124746

I would like to keep the video card VSync disabled, unless a lot of negative reports pop up...

Hint: if the display is broken because of this change (like Hyakki reported for Growlanser), try to enable the option "Only GE graphics", this might help.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(12-01-2012, 09:00 PM)gid15 Wrote: I've disabled again the video card VSync in r2887.
The tests reported in r2816 were quite positive, see
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid124746

I would like to keep the video card VSync disabled, unless a lot of negative reports pop up...

Hint: if the display is broken because of this change (like Hyakki reported for Growlanser), try to enable the option "Only GE graphics", this might help.

Agree less cpu hit on very fast running games,
prevents slowdowns on games like
Unchained Blades,
Hatsune Miku - project diva
I am unable to reproduce the strange Growlanser bug, so I guess that was fixed too.

Nice change Smile

@gid15
Great thanks for your awesome work. Keep it up! Smile
β€œIn the end.. What I've done! Best of the best vengeance is bettering myself. So I'm breaking my limits! This is it...” β€” Claudius Zephyros
Very nice change, thanks gid15! Now I no longer have to force vsync off in the Nvidia control panel whenever I run JPCSP. Smile I've always been running JPCSP with vsync off since forever and have never noticed any problems with it off.