This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
run out of memory while repeat save and load process
I have noticed a bug at all most all jpcsp version,
this issue can be reproduced if we repeat save and load process in game,
it can be much easier to reproduce when running Tokimeki Memoriaru 4.
Dose jpcsp always create a new thread while loading sectors from UMD?

console message:

at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(RuntimeThread.java:51)
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.readBytes(Native Method)
at java.io.RandomAccessFile.read(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.filesystems.umdiso.UmdIsoReader.readSectors(UmdIsoReader.java:1
57)
at jpcsp.filesystems.umdiso.UmdIsoFile.read(UmdIsoFile.java:301)
at java.io.InputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.filesystems.umdiso.UmdIsoFile.readFully(UmdIsoFile.java:236)
at jpcsp.util.Utilities.readFully(Utilities.java:321)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.IoFileMgrForUser$IOAsyncReadAction.execute(IoFil
eMgrForUser.java:479)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.IoFileMgrForUser.doStepAsync(IoFileMgrForUser.ja
va:1052)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.IoFileMgrForUser.hleAsyncThread(IoFileMgrForUser
.java:976)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules150.ThreadManForUser.hleKernelAsyncLoop(ThreadManFor
User.java:1385)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor17.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules.HLEModuleFunctionReflection.executeInner(HLEModuleF
unctionReflection.java:389)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules.HLEModuleFunctionReflection.execute(HLEModuleFuncti
onReflection.java:345)
at jpcsp.HLE.modules.HLEModuleManager.handleSyscall(HLEModuleManager.jav
a:388)
at jpcsp.HLE.SyscallHandler.syscall(SyscallHandler.java:111)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.syscall(RuntimeContext.java:67
9)
at _S1_3_8000040.s(_S1_3_8000040.java:0)
at _S1_3_8000040.exec(_S1_3_8000040.java)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeContext.runThread(RuntimeContext.java:
710)
at jpcsp.Allegrex.compiler.RuntimeThread.run(RuntimeThread.java:51)
I think it exist a memory leak issue in UmdIsoReader.java,
There are two containers that named
private HashMap<String, Iso9660File> fileCache = new HashMap<String, Iso9660File>();

and

private HashMap<String, Iso9660Directory> dirCache = new HashMap<String, Iso9660Directory>();

I have reviewed this file and I just see that jpcsp ONLY do add item into container but without remove the added item, in my debugging, every time JPCSP read a file from UMD (e.g, in Game NOW Loading), then memory usage space increased, Java GC never free a reference that still in container. Maybe JPCSP should remove the unused items from container to prevent memory leak.

Sorry for my bad English

(10-22-2011, 04:22 PM)calais007 Wrote: I think it exist a memory leak issue in UmdIsoReader.java,
There are two containers that named
private HashMap<String, Iso9660File> fileCache = new HashMap<String, Iso9660File>();

and

private HashMap<String, Iso9660Directory> dirCache = new HashMap<String, Iso9660Directory>();

I have reviewed this file and I just see that jpcsp ONLY do add item into container but without remove the added item, in my debugging, every time JPCSP read a file from UMD (e.g, in Game NOW Loading), then memory usage space increased, Java GC never free a reference that still in container. Maybe JPCSP should remove the unused items from container to prevent memory leak.

Sorry for my bad English
Try to do the next logical thing: look at how many objects are stored in the fileCache and dirCache. There should be only a few 100s, depending on how many files are stored in your ISO. And each object contains only a few bytes. So how can this explain that your memory usage is increasing of 100s of MB?
If you want to help, please post a complete log file in the corresponding game thread.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
[/quote]
Try to do the next logical thing: look at how many objects are stored in the fileCache and dirCache. There should be only a few 100s, depending on how many files are stored in your ISO. And each object contains only a few bytes. So how can this explain that your memory usage is increasing of 100s of MB?
If you want to help, please post a complete log file in the corresponding game thread.
[/quote]

Hi gid15
You are right fileCache and dirCache are less than 100s, but JPCSP always memory leak on each loading process, I added some logs while reader sectiors from UMD, you will see the size of fileCache and dirCache on log file.

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 46.75 KB / Downloads: 84)
Code:
Shader error log: Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware. Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors: ERROR: 0:151: error(#202) No matching overloaded function found texture2DProj ERROR: 0:151: error(#160) Cannot convert from 'const float' to 'unsigned int' ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors. No code generated
Your log is showing an interesting error message that I would to investigate.
With r2363, could you start Jpcsp, enable DEBUG log (before loading the UMD), load your UMD and post the generated log file?

Thanks!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(10-23-2011, 09:11 AM)gid15 Wrote:
Code:
Shader error log: Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware. Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors: ERROR: 0:151: error(#202) No matching overloaded function found texture2DProj ERROR: 0:151: error(#160) Cannot convert from 'const float' to 'unsigned int' ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors. No code generated
With r2363, could you start Jpcsp, enable DEBUG log (before loading the UMD), load your UMD and post the generated log file?

Thanks!

Hi gid15
I saw log show
"Using shader version 140, available shading language version 400"
My video card is ATI Radeon 5700 series

Attached Files
.rar   log_debug_level.rar (Size: 257.96 KB / Downloads: 88)
(10-23-2011, 10:07 AM)calais007 Wrote:
(10-23-2011, 09:11 AM)gid15 Wrote:
Code:

Thanks!

Hi gid15
I saw log show
"Using shader version 140, available shading language version 400"
My video card is ATI Radeon 5700 series
This is a strange error message. It is referring texture2DProj but this function should not be used for a version 140...
Could you try to change jpcsp/graphics/shader.frag, line 73:
Old:
Code:
#define TEXTURE_2D_PROJ texture2DProj
New:
Code:
#define TEXTURE_2D_PROJ textureProj
Thanks!
[/quote]
This is a strange error message. It is referring texture2DProj but this function should not be used for a version 140...
Could you try to change jpcsp/graphics/shader.frag, line 73:
Old:
Code:
#define TEXTURE_2D_PROJ texture2DProj
New:
Code:
#define TEXTURE_2D_PROJ textureProj
Thanks!
[/quote]

Hi gid15
I have no idea why my previous account was been banned by system,
but it is not important for this case.

After upgrade ATI driver to catalyst 1.19, this error message was disappeared, but another message display , the new error log shows "Validation failed! - Different sampler types for same sample texture unit in fragment shader.", As I know, this is a bug of ATI driver, hope this problem would fix in new driver. debug log attached

Thanks

Attached Files
.rar   log.rar (Size: 7.49 KB / Downloads: 96)