This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - ULUS10107
(03-05-2012, 02:57 AM)donxd Wrote: Hum, I understand, have disabled the options here and the game was 25 ~ 30fps. Better hope he gets fully playable and then i think to upgrade my computer so I can enjoy the game.
Thx

This game still has a few problems on jpcsp (this is why its under half-playable) about an hour or two into the game it will crash after you beat the second monster (its supposed to go to the world map but jpcsp will get invalid memory error), the movies still don't work either.
in r2463 the intro ads and main menu was still visible under software mode, but after trying it in r2464 and above the they're all invisible. it's completely black other than the cursor.

if you leave it running for a while to see the prologue cutscene and then press a button to skip it, it'll crash without an error message when it tries to display the movie that comes after it (it worked fine in r2463).

the movie works in hardware mode though. note, the prologue will also be invisible (or frozen/completely broken) in software mode.

edit: at the time of testing i had this set up. saving ge to textures breaks the game no matter which mode it's in, the screen will just stop updating at all.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   log.7z (Size: 23.92 KB / Downloads: 73)
(03-07-2012, 07:40 PM)serio Wrote: in r2463 the intro ads and main menu was still visible under software mode, but after trying it in r2464 and above the they're all invisible. it's completely black other than the cursor.
I've fixed several software rendering problems in r2468. Could you try it again?

Thank you for already regression testing this new feature Smile
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
the graphics are visible again, although the videos still freeze the emulator without any error message.
Updated first post with some updated screens, previous ones were really old Smile
I don't think the videos freeze since on mine i can hear the audio from them playing I just think they play but don't display for somereason, usually if you wait a few minutes for the video will complete and game will continue.
r2469
videos now work in software mode too.

(03-10-2012, 03:53 AM)serio Wrote: r2469

oh you're right nice find, I can confirm movies are working in software mode Smile
Good hint!
Now I know I have to fix the TRXKICK command in OpenGL mode...

Thank you for the report!
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(03-10-2012, 04:53 PM)gid15 Wrote:
Good hint!
Now I know I have to fix the TRXKICK command in OpenGL mode...

Thank you for the report!
TRXKICK command should now be fixed in r2474. I've tested with luaplayer homebrew. Could you test with this game?
Nice fix! movies are working in hardware mode now