This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to play formerly working game after computer swap.
Recently I swapped from a Windows 8 laptop with extremely poor specs (Windows Performance Index of 3.1) to an older, but stronger Windows 7 laptop (Performance Index of 5.7). However after doing so, a game that worked (if slowly) on the Windows 8 laptop stopped working outright on the Windows 7. The game in question is Yggdra Union (which I posted on in the other subforum), which ever since the swap has been having weird "streaks" followed by Java crashing outright. Enabling vertex caching in tests after that post fixed the streaks, however the game started crashing whenever a union was initiated in game this time without an error message (well, actually logs indicate an error). Theoretically, hardware specs shouldn't be the issue, unless it's compatibility, but at this point I'm simply not sure anymore.

I've attached a number of logs over various revisions I've tested, if anyone could take a look and offer some insight, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

Edit: And no longer than 15 minutes after I post this, it randomly starts working. Even with GE memory textures on...huh. Weird. Should I post logs of it?

Attached Files
.zip   Log_r2862(64bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 3.97 KB / Downloads: 86)
.zip   Log_r2871(32bit)_INFO.zip (Size: 5.13 KB / Downloads: 80)
.txt   hs_err_pid6120 - Copy.txt (Size: 34.66 KB / Downloads: 56)
.zip   Log_r2862(64bit)_INFO2.zip (Size: 11.65 KB / Downloads: 80)
From your SystemInfo.txt:
Quote:Possible Video Card(s): Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
Possible Video Card(s): Mobile Intel® HD Graphics
Possible Video Card(s): RDPDD Chained DD
Possible Video Card(s): RDP Encoder Mirror Driver
Possible Video Card(s): RDP Reflector Display Driver
If that info is right, your laptop haven't a dedicated video card; instead, it have Intel HD Graphics which have been reported by many users like JPCSP not working at all; i guess you are lucky that at least the game run. Some people who own that video chip says that enable GE graphics is the best way to deal with JPCSP+Intel HD Graphics.

If i were you, i will back up the actual drivers and then up date it to latest version; if results aren't good, go back to previous version.

Finally, try enabling: Shader+Enable dynamic shader generation+Only GE Graphics+Enable saving GE screen to Textures instead of Memory+CLUT+Disable UBO.
Those options help me a lot on most games with my AMD video card, which have poor results as Intel HD with JPCSP.
[Image: montcer.png]
Yeah, a windows update which updated the driver in spite of the manufactuerer claiming a lack of updates seemed to have fixed it. Currently running the game again with Enable Saving GE Screen to Textures and Vertex Caching, but I haven't gotten to the other infamous crash point (using skills ) yet...so, I'll keep it in mind. For now though, I'm just glad it remotely works. Hopefully I'll be able to get a hard drive replacement for a proper computer soon.