This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
(07-22-2010, 06:56 PM)shakirmole Wrote: hidronax, the game isnt tht worth playing actually... its the name (title and characters) that has sold the game and i have also another person (who wanted CFW) who said the same thing

^^ well that's arguable. It kinda sounds like you didn't play the game yourself. I've played it and it's very very awesomely good but nothing special and worth it's 8.9 score on IGN. Kinda hard to get the hang of the controls when you first start though.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

well its like street fighter... very fun for a good while but then the interest is lost
there is something tht is acceptable to all, if u miss a game... ur not missing a big part of yer life

by the way, (or the real way), is the speed acceptable for playing as this game requires a good pace to make it fun or similar
(07-22-2010, 06:56 PM)shakirmole Wrote: hidronax, the game isnt tht worth playing actually... its the name (title and characters) that has sold the game and i have also another person (who wanted CFW) who said the same thing

Thanks ^^
BTW, I'm not a FF fanboy Sleepy
I simply wanted to know if it's possible to create a decripting engine for jpcsp.
No
(07-23-2010, 05:07 PM)Orphis Wrote: No

I just died a little inside D: but those encryptions are there for a reason so I won't complain.
(07-23-2010, 06:08 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:

I just died a little inside D: but those encryptions are there for a reason so I won't complain.

I don't think you understand that quite right. The encryptions are not made by the devs of the emu! It's not something they want to tease you or something.

It's just that the game start binary is encrypted and it has to be decrypted using a real PSP because the PSP has an inbuilt processor for the decryption. I think little is known about this KIRK processor/chip to emulate the decryption.

Most older games were not encrypted but the newer games are all encrypted.

I hope this make it a little bit more clear to you.

To hydronax: Sorry about that "fanboy" but if you're reading the forum a bit more often and see the same questions over and over it's frustrating somehow.
JPCSP games tested with Athlon X2 4850e, 4 GB RAM, Radeon HD 3300 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.3.11653, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
PPSSPP games tested with Intel i3, 4 GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics 2000 (onboard), OpenGL: 3.1.0 Build 6.14.10.5421, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
(07-23-2010, 07:18 PM)Darth1701 Wrote:
(07-23-2010, 06:08 PM)Kai3213 Wrote:

I don't think you understand that quite right. The encryptions are not made by the devs of the emu! It's not something they want to tease you or something.

It's just that the game start binary is encrypted and it has to be decrypted using a real PSP because the PSP has an inbuilt processor for the decryption. I think little is known about this KIRK processor/chip to emulate the decryption.

Most older games were not encrypted but the newer games are all encrypted.

I hope this make it a little bit more clear to you.

I know that! To think otherwise doesn't make any sense. I'm very offended for someone to assume that i'm THAT naive. But I know your were just trying to help so thanks anyway.
I think this was one of the first games to use the psp encryption
anyways the PSP has 128bit AES (hardware encryption KIRK, SPOCK ) used decrypt signed data, to decode something like that on a PC would take years to brute force (and even longer in java).

The quickest and most effective way is to just use the PSP to decode.
Hello everyone, I've read all the post in the discussion to understand about the problem of encypted game. If there's the possibility to decrypt the game using a PSP and then use the game on the jpcsp, it could be the possibility to find out the game on internet already decrypted?
It is illegal, and you'll find no help here, as this forum doesn't support piracy.

hyakki, I've got a question for you: do you plan to continue working on this game or this version is the best that can be obtained in java?