This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
Wow, can't say I've ever come across an app or an emulator that requires OVER 4 gb worth of RAM yet. Isn't there any way to stop it from using such an insane amount of memory? Sounds very unoptimized if the emulator just keeps collecting that much shit in its memory and doesn't clean up once in a while. I don't think emulating a PSP should require that much memory. Tongue

Well, at least I got it to run without freezing now. I set XmX size to 1024 in hyakki's launcher (which is default I think), while increasing MaxPermSize to just below 500. It seems that about 1500 mb is the max I can allocate to Jpcsp (e.g I can set XmX to around 1500+, but more than that and it freezes, and if I adjust MaxPermSize in addition to xmx 1500+, it will freeze as well).

I still get errors/warnings about code cache becoming full and the compiler being disabled, but other than that, the game plays smooth and stable. Completed Zidane's initial story mode last night, so I'd call it playable. Big Grin Although video cutscenes don't seem to end for me, they just go to a blackscreen at the end, but I can skip them by pressing start and then skip cutscene so it's no problem.

Messages In This Thread
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437 - by hyakki - 05-04-2010, 02:47 AM
RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - by Finzy - 04-21-2011, 11:39 AM