This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
(04-21-2011, 04:33 AM)tr4nquility Wrote:
(04-20-2011, 09:03 PM)Finzy Wrote: If I change MaxPermSize to anything else than the default value, Jpcsp will close instantly on startup. I wonder if it's because I'm also using a high xmx value...
Well... Make sure u have "free" memory sufficient enough for your setting.. Check using Task Manager -> Performance.... And then, calculate your jpcsp setting... i.e. if u set -XmX value as 1536m and your MaxPermSize as 500m, then u will need 2036MB as "free" in task manager.... Less than that, then emulator will fail to start since there isn't enough memory to be allocated to Java Virtual Machine...
At least that's what happened to me... Please feel free for others to correct this if I'm mistaken Smile

If u want to know the error message, try running .bat file using cmd ...

Don't forget to take into account the other 2 Xm file sizes. With max perm size on you need to take into account 4 settings sizes and make sure they're all smaller than your max free ram thats one of the reasons why unlike other emulators this one requires over 4 GBs to run no problem.
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 970 3.7 GHz, GPU: Geforce GTX 550 Ti, Ram: 16 GB, Windows 7 64-bit

Messages In This Thread
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437 - by hyakki - 05-04-2010, 02:47 AM
RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - by Vegerunks - 04-21-2011, 05:22 AM