This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 22 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437
(04-20-2011, 01:59 PM)Finzy Wrote: Okay, got it.

And is there any way to fix my java running out of memory and freezing every once in a while? Usually I can play for around 30 mins fine, then I get an "out of memory" java exception error and the emulator freezes completely. Using r2095 and XmX set to highest possible (around 1568), maximum method size set to 100. (And I've got 4 GB worth of RAM so that should be enough...)

Umm... have u tried Hyakki's launcher..? In Advanced tab, try setting higher values for PermGenSpace...
Or if u aren't using launcher, u can modify start-window-x86.bat in a line which contains this particular code :
Code:
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-x86 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar
into this one :
Code:
"%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java" -Xmx1024m  -XX:MaxPermSize=500m -XX:+AggressiveHeap -XX:+UseParallelGC -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-x86 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar
I added MaxPermSize=500m, and this enables me to play Hexyz Force and Dissidia w/o crashing "out of memory"...
I also added some other arguments such as parallel garbage collector threads and aggressive heap... For me this added a small FPS boost in KH:BBS, though I don't know if this will work for others ....

Messages In This Thread
Dissidia: Final Fantasy - ULUS10437 - by hyakki - 05-04-2010, 02:47 AM
RE: DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY - ULUS10437 [Encrypted] - by tr4nquility - 04-20-2011, 02:41 PM