This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
is the PSP leaked keys going to Help emulation?
Well, I like to believe Sony still has enough common sense to notice that an emulator is not an illegal application.
We do not distribute their software, nor do we use their code. Plus, what was exactly leaked, concerning the PSP, was a set of modules from where one of them is used to emulate the PSP's authoring process. It contains a set of keys and algorithms that can't be used alone for any purpose, so we still have a lot of work to do on our own (just like Draan is doing by porting the wololo.net findings into the kirk-engine draft project).
We're obviously keeping ourselves updated on this subject and doing investigation on our own and as you can see in the kirk-engine project, a custom implementation of those algorithms and keys are getting public as soon as they get reversed which is not illegal. Wink
i think sony will be too distracted because of the ps3 getting hacked (as it much more important than the psp which was already hacked in one way or another) so chances of smaller (than ps3) developments would be looked at as a secondary issue
its still risky bcz though they may not have any case, they can still sue u guys and annoy u for a couple of months which will just put u in trouble
I hoping they do not do so
i was wondering, will those keys help with at3+ decryption or is that a completely different thing?
Completely different thing. AT3+ is not an encryption algorithm but a Sony proprietary encoding format for audio. Jpcsp is already able to decode AT3+ audio using HiMDRenderer and SonicStage, but the emulator is not able to detect all AT3+ audio streams properly for all games yet.
oh.

i guess that's what all those "undecodable at3+ file", "AT3+ audio format is not yet supported by Jpcsp" and "AT3+ data could not be decoded by the external decoder." messages are about then, the emulator receieves garbage data instead of the at3 file.
keys has been Implemented?
Quote:Implemented crypto functioning:
- Created a CryptoEngine to handle all crypto operations;
- Added custom classes for AES128 (CBC and with CMAC) and SHA1 algorithms' handling;
- Implemented KIRK commands 1, 4, 7, 10 and 11;
- Partially ported and integrated PRXDecrypter's code with the CryptoEngine;
- Improved PSP file struct based on new findings;
- Implemented full EBOOT.BIN/PRX version 2 (post firmware 2.80) decryption

http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/
(01-22-2011, 12:34 PM)Emulatong Wrote: keys has been Implemented?

Decryption in Jpcsp has been implemented although not for all games yet. For those games whose tag keys are available in Jpcsp's CryptoEngine, the decryption routine does indeed work. The retsize calculation still needs work to avoid the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException.
i still get the encryption dialog box with an encrypted version of dissidia though the decrypted file is available... any thing to be done prior to loading the game?
Maybe we still have to wait for GoW decryption and Dissidia decryption
Probably have to wait until more tag keys are added in the CryptoEngine to support the firmware versions those games use.
cool, i like how it is going just now... though i hoping for amazing discoveries that can be possible with the keys released, decryption is just the basics that jpcsp can easily implemented overtime