This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Show your psp
(06-13-2012, 09:22 PM)ventusrocks Wrote:
(06-13-2012, 01:55 PM)virgil94 Wrote: No,infrared connection.Only the psp 1000 is able to do this using IRshell.It's nice when you have a sister that doesn't want to give the remote XD

xD Too bad, we don't have much, or anything that is, in the way of English channels on TV Sad So we just have to stick with what DVD's we purchased in the States; we'd buy them here, except they're ALL pirated -_- . We definitely don't want to support that. I can't believe it, it's not even remotely illegal here! People SELL pirated DVDs and then people buy them...although I like to stick with the legal stuff myself Smile For some reason I have a better feeling playing my games from the UMD; then I don't use up memory card space Tongue

Are there any good plugins I should get for my PSP that do things I obviously couldn't anyway?

You can also use cxmb,a plugin that lets you install different themes.Or battwarn,a plugin that lets you know when you don't have much battery.Music.prx is a plugin that makes listening to your music while in a game possible,however some of the songs I had didn't play well
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
in some countries piracy is not a crime
and there is nothing called >legal>
either you buy pirated game, dvd, programs or you have nothing !!!!

Which countries?
(06-14-2012, 04:05 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Which countries?

most of the middle east countries and most of african countries and lot of asian countries
mexico,china .turkey.... etc
serio said it
it true
poor countries and developing countries
third world countries!
Sorry it's taken so long to reply; right when I was going to reply we went out to dinner.

Quote:I can't believe it, it's not even remotely illegal here! People SELL pirated DVDs and then people buy them...
Quote:it happens in all poor/developing countries (happens here too).

Sorry, didn't know that. Thought it was just Ecuador or something. What country do you live in, if it's any of my business?

Quote:Are there any good plugins I should get for my PSP that do things I obviously couldn't anyway?
Quote:also if you're not adverse to cheating, cwcheat's a good plugin (and you can use it to read walkthroughs and other faqs while ingame). popsloader is good too, you can use it to convert your ps1 game rips into psp executables, and play your favorites on the psp without having to buy them the second time from psn, or not being able to because they aren't sold in your region or were never released for psn.

Meh, I don't really use cheats much, as the games I play are usually within beatable limits; if you can't, just grab a couple of levels (although I really am having a hard time defeating this boss in Birth By Sleep on easy mode............something in the Arena, and in Birth By Sleep, leveling is wayyyyy harder than, say, Kingdom Hearts (the original game). Once you got to level 80, and had Ultima Weapon, just go fight Sephiroth; you get a level each time you defeat him. No such thing in Birth By Sleep; the bosses don't give EXP.

As for PopsLoader, I'd LOVE to use that, if it worked right for me -_- I used one program (I think it was RS-GUI PopStationMD or something like that), and PopsLoader, and Final Fantasy VII would load, and then I'd click "New Game" and then it would go into an indefinite black screen. Never could get past that. Searched all over the web, too; couldn't find anything to help me with my problem. So I really just gave up on that (especially since that 3 disc game not only took a LONG time to compile, but then it would take a long time to transfer to memory stick, and then a lot of memory would be used on my card). Although I'd really LOVE to make it work, not sure there's anything I can do about it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Quote:You can also use cxmb,a plugin that lets you install different themes.Or battwarn,a plugin that lets you know when you don't have much battery.Music.prx is a plugin that makes listening to your music while in a game possible,however some of the songs I had didn't play well

Eh, I don't do much with themes; I like that picture in my picture on the first page a lot Tongue Although I'd love to make this software work, that lets you make your own custom logos/icons and everything, the only problem is that the color depth has to be so low, you can see really jagged edges; I can't find a way around that.

Battwarn sounds good, I might give it a try. I wish that when pressing the home button, you could see a PERCENTAGE and not just the bar icons in the battery.

The games I play, the music is so good I don't need to listen to more RPG music in-game Tongue But thanks for all the suggestions.

Quote:in some countries piracy is not a crime
and there is nothing called >legal>
either you buy pirated game, dvd, programs or you have nothing !!!!

Actually, in Ecuador, theft is not considered a crime, so why should piracy be (using "logical" Ecuadorian thinking here)? Seriously, if somebody walked up to me and stole everything on me, that wouldn't be illegal. That's a load of bs because then the Ecuadorians target the Americans (a LOT of Americans are moving here; if you can't guess why, watch the news), and they steal thousands of dollars worth of stuff from us each year, if not each month. Then they also assault us as well. (Fortunately neither have directly happened to me; although in the airport, my brother's laptop disappeared...)

As for buying the game pirated or not, I still buy my games, even though I live in Ecuador. What prevents Ecuadorians from doing so? Well for one thing, why buy a game for $10 or $20 when you could buy one for $1? Also, most of the Ecuadorians...even some of the wealthier ones...don't have online accounts, or any kind of credit card even. I'm only 16 years old (er half a month away from 17 lol) and I have a debit card, connected with an online account. So I can order anything I want off of the internet, while people here can barely use the internet (it's so SLOW, even on our expensive plan), and don't have anything they could order with. As for shipping, well it's nothing short of a nightmare. If you ship it straight to the P.O. Box (which, most online vendors, especially Amazon, won't even ship to Ecuador, let alone a P.O. Box), it could take over a MONTH to get it, and you know that it didn't take 2 weeks to get to Ecuador. Then, if whatever you bought weighs over 8 pounds, or if it's a total of over $400, then you have to pay duty on it; which they say is 35%, but everybody knows you're lucky if you get it for that low. One person had a box full of their own store bought CDs shipped here, and they had to either pay $300 (it was either $300 or $200, but I think the former) or have it shipped back to the return address. But they wouldn't have been able to get those in Ecuador, especially not legal versions. And if you ship through a freight forwarder, well it costs a lot less, and it goes a lot faster, but it can still be a hassle, and even after they tell you it's arrived in Ecuador, it can still take up to a whole week to get to the Post Office, even though it's only 2 hours away from where it was delivered. Not to mention the Post Office is closed half the time during "business" hours. So the moral of the story is, I'd rather support the people (that is, the makers, not the Ecuadorians with pirated discs) than buy pirated content, or download it. I really like my physical copies, and that's something that can't be copied to another UMD Tongue As we speak, I have games being shipped to me; just hoping they all get to me.

Quote:Which countries?

Pretty much what Shin X said, and South American countries are included. Pretty much, just third world countries (although some Americans swear this is a fourth-world country...lol).

If you read down this far, congrats! you are a rock star. You may have also learned something about a foreign country.
post-communist/war torn/etc countries had that problem too.

i live in poland, and while it's getting better now, it wasn't so until late 90s when the country was still deep in debts and very poor thanks to commies and nazis stealing everything they could while they were leaving.

while the country itself's finally getting better, the mindset of the generations who grew up in that environment'll be hard to change. it'll probably take at least 50 more years for my generation to die out and be completely replaced by the people from newer ones, when country wasn't dirt poor.

it'd also help if we got the same wages the rest of eu gets. we got the higher prices all right (hello $100+ games), but our wages are still around 1/3 of what most other countries make.

all the copyright and legality stuff's basically a "first world problem", people who don't live in those rich countries don't have the luxury to care about that when there's barely enough money to eat.
In romania it's almost the same situation,we'll have to wait and see if it gets better but I doubt it will
(06-15-2012, 02:00 PM)virgil94 Wrote: In romania it's almost the same situation,we'll have to wait and see if it gets better but I doubt it will

either that or simply we become pirates!!!!Big GrinBig Grin
(06-15-2012, 02:42 PM)shin x Wrote: either that or simply we become pirates!!!!Big GrinBig Grin
do you have a good, fast ship, know where to get a jolly roger, a parrot, a good crew, lots of rum and cannonballs so that we could set sail and plunder merchant ships?
(06-16-2012, 04:48 AM)serio Wrote:
(06-15-2012, 02:42 PM)shin x Wrote: either that or simply we become pirates!!!!Big GrinBig Grin
do you have a good, fast ship, know where to get a jolly roger, a parrot, a good crew, lots of rum and cannonballs so that we could set sail and plunder merchant ships?

hm
from amazon or ebay perhaps?
haha
you forgot the eye patch and the wooden leg!
Smile
oh and the hook !!