This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New changes in r1700
A couple of asthetical and functional changes were introduced in revs 1699 and 1700:
- The "Emulation" menu is gone: removed because it's a duplicate of the button tab;
- The controls pad in settings is now moved into a separate "Controls" window: this was done to allow future gamepad and multiplayer support;
- Each setting now has it's own separator window: allows for more options to be added in the future;
- The "Disable audio (mute)" option is gone: now, you can mute and change volume on-the-fly. The keys assigned to "volume up" and "volume down" now interact with the emulator and allow you to control the volume. For quick mute, just go to the new menu Audio > Mute or press Shift+M;
- The logger window doesn't show anymore at startup by default: since the emulator is now being more used at a "gamer" level, there's no need to always open this window. You can set this back under Configuration > General.

Aside from all this, the flashing display (grey to black) is now fixed, and some menu reorganization has been done.
Please feel free to give your opinion on these changes. You can also post ideas for next improvements. Smile

Also, if you have any nice icons for the new menus, please post them as a reply.
First of all, I'd like to say the I really appreciate these changes, because the GUI is much more structured than before.

One thing, which was also in the old GUI is the following:
When I enter the Debugger, and close the Debugger window, the menu looks like that:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(07-22-2010, 09:44 AM)Omar Hawk Wrote: First of all, I'd like to say the I really appreciate these changes, because the GUI is much more structured than before.

When I enter the Debugger, and close the Debugger window, the menu looks like that:

Hmm...
That's odd, I never got that. Could be a Java issue.
Which OS are you using for JPCSP?
(07-25-2010, 02:48 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(07-22-2010, 09:44 AM)Omar Hawk Wrote: First of all, I'd like to say the I really appreciate these changes, because the GUI is much more structured than before.

Hmm...

I also had those issues, Hykem Big Grin
I have had that before too, never considered it a issue though, usually changing the UMD Path folder in the config does it for me
(07-25-2010, 02:48 PM)Hykem Wrote:

Hmm...

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Professional.