This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Booting PSP in Jpcsp - Low Level Emulation
(06-12-2019, 07:55 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(06-12-2019, 04:54 PM)onelight Wrote: test Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
Are the graphics issues (flickering and spikes) also happening with the "normal" Jpcsp and the external software renderer. I.e. are they related to the "--reboot" option?

Thank you for the video!

graphics is ok when normal Jpcsp and the external software renderer

edit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWTq7X6Py_o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pf7L7mqQieg
Unable run Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix

.zip   log.zip (Size: 29.31 KB / Downloads: 129)
(07-10-2019, 04:33 AM)onelight Wrote: Unable run Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
I suspect this is due to the still incomplete audio support. I have also observed such "hanging" sometimes. I have fixed an audio issue in e044853. Could you please retry?
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
(07-10-2019, 05:38 PM)gid15 Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 04:33 AM)onelight Wrote: Unable run Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix
I suspect this is due to the still incomplete audio support. I have also observed such "hanging" sometimes. I have fixed an audio issue in e044853. Could you please retry?
OK, it can run again

.zip   log.zip (Size: 127.81 KB / Downloads: 118)

Just my guess, is that graphics issues because multi-threaded rendering?
(07-11-2019, 05:13 PM)onelight Wrote: Just my guess, is that graphics issues because multi-threaded rendering?
The rendering through the external software renderer is the same in LLE and "normal" Jpcsp... The difference must come from incorrect timings, also the audio timings are LLE are still far from being correct.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
I'm not sure if trying to boot PSP with --reboot is too resource heavy for my computer:
Code:
JPCSP revision: 503d3e6f
External Software Renderer revision: f5f617a (SSE3)
Model (in Settings): PSP-3000 (Brite, 7th Generation)
CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 810
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4200
RAM: 8 GB

I open Firmware 6.61 EBOOT.PBP on JPCSP to extract the files. After the files have been successfully extracted and JPCSP asks for a reboot, I close the emulator and add --reboot to the .bat file:
Code:
"%JAVA_CMD%" -Xmx3072m -Xss100m -XX:ReservedCodeCacheSize=192m -Djava.library.path=lib/windows-amd64 -jar bin/jpcsp.jar %* --reboot

Every time I run --reboot, it always hangs at various points. The closest I got to loading anything was when I was able to enter the Memory Stick. When JPCSP tried to load the thumbnail for Firmware 6.61 EBOOT.PBP, it shows this:
Code:
09:10:45 ERROR compiler - root - Catched exception 'java.lang.NullPointerException' while compiling 0x088A9494 (0x088A9494-0x088A9714)

Also, it seems that certain PSP Models don't load with the --reboot command:
Code:
PSP Model                         | --reboot Status
----------------------------------+----------------
PSP-1000 (Fat)                    | Not working
PSP-2000 (Slim)                   | Not working
PSP-3000 (Brite, 3rd Generation)  | Not working
PSP-3000 (Brite, 4th Generation)  | Not working
PSP-N1000 (GO)                    | Not working
PSP-3000 (Brite, 7th Generation)  | Able to load, hangs at various points
PSP-3000 (Brite, 9th Generation)  | Not working
PSP-E1000 (Street)                | Not working

Attached Files
.7z   Log_r503d3e6f(64bit)_INFO.7z (Size: 21.28 KB / Downloads: 120)
The power of your computer should be enough: you have enough RAM and your 2.6 GHz CPU is fast enough. That should not be the issue.

When you run the "Firmware 6.61 EBOOT.PBP", it installs only the files that are used by the PSP Model at that time. E.g. if you have defined the model as a PSP-3000, it will only install the files necessary for a PSP-3000.
After that, when rebooting, you cannot change the model any more as the files for the other models are simply missing. The PSP hardware is not supposed to suddenly change on a real PSP ;-).

I must admit that I have not fully tested the LLE implementation for a PSP-3000 model. So, the problems you are reporting are probably related to the PSP-3000 specific emulation. I mainly test using a PSP-1000 model.
tested multile-instance, can't find players

.7z   reboot-log.7z (Size: 57.53 KB / Downloads: 114)
(11-03-2020, 12:51 PM)onelight Wrote: tested multile-instance, can't find players

Great, you have spotted some functions unimplemented in LLE:
Code:
20:44:59 ERROR hle.sceWlan - Dmac Thread for 0xBC900120 - MMIOHandlerBaseMemoryStick.writeTPCData16 unimplemented TPCCode=0x9
20:44:59 ERROR hle.sceWlan - root - MMIOHandlerBaseMemoryStick.startCmd unknown cmd=0x25