This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persona 5 [BLUS31604]
(09-02-2017, 04:04 AM)manaphy0003 Wrote: Hmmm I have a question though, What is Vulkan?
since I notice a lot of people recommend it,
**Is it a program or something like OpenGL? Or can I just download it?

atm getting this Attached fragment shader is not compiled
not sure if its bc Im using OpenGL ;v
Ummm, it's like coding tools to control 3d graphics directly from the video card, it's pretty optimized (in par with directX12) and is crossplatform (can be used in lots of Operating systems, lots of different video cards, no matter the brand). It allows one to make stuff that works in several platforms and provide great performance.

Anyway, Vulkan is part of your video drivers, so update your video drivers to the latest (but, Vulkan is not available in old video cards...).
(09-02-2017, 09:29 PM)Alverik Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 04:04 AM)manaphy0003 Wrote: Hmmm I have a question though, What is Vulkan?
since I notice a lot of people recommend it,
**Is it a program or something like OpenGL? Or can I just download it?

atm getting this Attached fragment shader is not compiled
not sure if its bc Im using OpenGL ;v
Ummm, it's like coding tools to control 3d graphics directly from the video card, it's pretty optimized (in par with directX12) and is crossplatform (can be used in lots of Operating systems, lots of different video cards, no matter the brand). It allows one to make stuff that works in several platforms and provide great performance.

Anyway, Vulkan is part of your video drivers, so update your video drivers to the latest (but, Vulkan is not available in old video cards...).

Ahhh hmm the only problem seems that I can't update any further, seems I have a customized drivers or something :V
Im getting 15-9 fps game-play i have no idea why please help i'm using gtx 1060 and a amd 8350 black edition.
(09-07-2017, 08:36 PM)ijifgf Wrote: Im getting 15-9 fps game-play i have no idea why please help i'm using gtx 1060 and a amd 8350 black edition.

There's some scenes where that seem to be the norm right now, lol. But you should be hitting 30 in some cutscenes (specially Confidant related). Anyway, Rpcs3 keeps a config.yml which you can open with a text editor (like notepad or notepad++), this has some settings which are not exposed in the Emulator. I've found the game to feel a bit better if I use the following:

SPU delay penalty: 0 //this reduces stuttering
Vertex Upload Threads: 2 //I feel it reduces "stuck times" while loading shaders

Also remember to play with the amount of SPU threads (try having 2 or 3 and see if that changes things). Also you have to have SPU loop detection turned on. In my case it runs better with 2 SPU threads but that seems to slow down all out attack cutscenes a bit (but is a fair trade off, since battle tends to run faster). Anyway most this stuff will depend on your hardware though so play with the settings. It also doesn't hurt to check if you have all your CPU features turned on in the motherboard (like Virtualization). I recently changed mobos and felt stuff worked slower and it was because some features defaulted to off in the bios settings...