This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4.76 Average
JPCSP Launcher [v1.8.0.4]
dos 
Here is a simple little program I made in some free time. An alternative to using the .bat files

How to use::
Copy jpcsp.exe to the base Jpcsp directory.

Features::
-Tray Icon to quickly Launch / Close Jpcsp
-Hide or Show the Java console.
-Advanced Java Tuning Options, and ability to set you own options.
-Automatically extract required files for the Media Engine to work.
-Various options to run Jpcsp such as Instant Launch, 640x480 resolution..etc

Screenshot::
[Image: 154kj93.jpg]
[Image: 2uiy7wj.jpg][Image: k2gz9e.jpg]
[Image: jt1j6w.jpg][Image: 15s4eu0.jpg]
[Image: 1zwywww.jpg][Image: 2i8chna.jpg]
[Image: 2nkl3qb.jpg]
please don't distribute this on other sites.
This program is not associated with JPCSP or its developers in anyway and is provided as-is.

Latest Version (12/5/12)
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.8.0.4.zip (Size: 624.17 KB / Downloads: 26,869)

Changes

V1.8.0.4 [12-5-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.8.0.4.zip (Size: 624.17 KB / Downloads: 26,869)
-Update for the new revision naming scheme used on the buildbot ("reporev:newrev" properly shows the 'newrev' build revision number in the launcher now.), should still work with old naming too if manually built.
-Other misc updates.

v1.8.0.3 [11-19-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.8.0.3.zip (Size: 624.04 KB / Downloads: 1,916)
-When kill button is used and close command is not responding, backup the Settings file and restore state if filesize of original is 0k, this is now safer then using End Task in Task Manager.
-Hint text adjustments.
-Other minor tweaks to the log settings.
-Code cleanup.

v1.8.0.2 [11-13-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.8.0.2.zip (Size: 623.38 KB / Downloads: 867)
-Support for the new option "Save Stencil to Memory"
-Added anisotropic filter option

v1.8.0.1 [11-09-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.8.0.1.zip (Size: 623.02 KB / Downloads: 757)
-Added new option to clear the TMP directory when starting (Under Options -> Launcher settings), 3 way checkbox [Unchecked = disabled, Grayed = 'Delete to Recycle Bin', Checked = 'Permanently delete']
This option might be helpful for the monoat3 tool so you can more quickly find the GameID or if you just want it cleared to save space.
-Added ability to save very basic system specs to SystemInfo.txt file when using log functionality.
-Log status fix when 'unchecking enable' under Logger, now properly sets to OFF to fully disable logging.
-Better error handling when using builds with no revision number, will now set it to 0000 if a revision number is unavailable.
-Make max text log size 95 megs.
-Show current desktop resolution under options.
-Other minor corrections.

V1.7.0.9 Update 2 [10-17-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.7.0.9.zip (Size: 620.34 KB / Downloads: 3,630)
-Partially revert Update 1 change.
-Now set text log as default method, re-enable log type selector with the ability to select html if needed.
-Set the max text log size to 80 megs (for the log compression system), otherwise skip adding file.
-Other miscellaneous updates to hint's and captions.

V1.7.0.9 Update 1 [10-17-2012]
-Skip html check, support of logging log.txt files, when no log.html file is present.
-Removed log type selection (HTML / TXT), text files are the preferred method now.

V1.7.0.9 [10-1-2012]
-Minor bug fix for the check for update feature, again extra space prevented returning the correct revision to check against.
-Added new options to the Jpcsp settings page, Audio and Crypto section.
-Added a new option to custom path's to allow an 'Assistant tool' (such as the monoat3 program), this is very basic and will just start the program when clicking run.
(I don't currently check for previous running applications)
-Changed the custom path boxes to be user editable, so you don't always need to use the browse button to input the path / program.
-Added CPU name to the CPU Information.
-Clicking 'Enable' for the logger automatically will now set level to INFO instead of OFF.
-Dialog position updates, some text corrections.

V1.7.0.8 Update 2 [9-29-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.7.0.8.zip (Size: 618.78 KB / Downloads: 7,486)
-Minor bug fix for the launcher's compress log to zip feature, when Jpcsp is compiled with Ant 1.8.4, sometimes an extra space would be added to revision number in the jar causing it to break apart the final zip filename.

V1.7.0.8 Update 1 [7-24-2012]
-Minor update set default -xss size to 2m.
-Limit log.html to 40 megs in zip file, any larger skip log.html.

V1.7.0.8 [7-21-2012]
-Fixed several bugs with command line, now works with the "Instant run" option.
-Added a new experimental option "Alternative JRE Console", this will use a custom Launcher window to intercept all the JRE console messages.(ADV -> General).
[I already had most of the code in-place form the logger system, so I decided to add a GUI to it.]
-Added Select & copy, clear, Opacity function to the new "Alternative JRE Console".
-Added new option to disable all the run-time "tray icon pop-up messages." (ADV -> General)
-Completely re-worked creating the log archives, sometimes it would skip profiler.txt (if enabled), this should no longer be a problem.
-Added a minor (3.2s) delay for the "initial window size" to properly initialize the main window and give time for startup.
-Removed command line switches in ConsoleOut.txt.
-GUI clean up and reorganized some options sections for better usage.
-Re-worked the 'kill' switch to no longer "forcibly" terminate, first attempt a 'graceful' close, then after 7 seconds it will force terminate if not already closed or if locked up. (experimental)
-Closing the "Alternative console" will also ask to close Jpcsp, I did this to mimic closing the real console. (but it will ask first)
-Remove -xss (KB) size, make it adjustable in MB now. [1-100]
-Set default -xss size to 1m to match bat file change.
-Clicking default will no longer reset the svn path (check for updates) or the launcher settings.
-Fix Drag & Drop when using the black theme.

V1.7.0.7 [7-16-2012]
-Preliminary alternative console implementation, non public release.
-Test phase.

v1.7.0.6 Update 1 [7-15-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.7.0.6.zip (Size: 604.6 KB / Downloads: 1,499)
-Fixed a minor bug where 'Show UMD Browser on start' would need to be enabled for commandline to work.
-Updated archive to Deflate mode, to fix problems extracting

v1.7.0.6 [7-14-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.7.0.6.zip (Size: 604.6 KB / Downloads: 1,499)
-Added commandline option to load game (usage is Jpcsp.exe "Path\ImageName")
-Added option to set the Initial Jpcsp window size (options are Def(Disabled),2x,3x,4x,'Max'(Maximized),'Max No TitleBar' (Maximize & remove the TitleBar).
[This option can be found under ADV -> Jpcsp Settings -> Display (last pulldown menu option).]
-Make max -xss limit to 100m, was 20m before.
-Minor code cleanup and other optimizations.
(Note for command line: To use the command line please enable "ADV -> Show UMD browser on start", The next update this shouldn't be required.)

v1.7.0.5 [5-20-2012]
.zip   JPCSP Launcher v1.7.0.5.zip (Size: 603.5 KB / Downloads: 5,731)
-Added option to output log as HTML or TXT
-Compress Log.txt if option is enabled.
(see ChangeLog.txt for more change history)
When you say "Copy jpcsp.exe to the root JPCSP directory." Where exactly do you mean. Like in the bin folder because every time i try this it ends up just not responding at all.
(05-30-2010, 01:40 AM)kreige Wrote: When you say "Copy jpcsp.exe to the root JPCSP directory." Where exactly do you mean. Like in the bin folder because every time i try this it ends up just not responding at all.
the directory above bin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

this increases the FPS? another thing, I have 4GB ram, the part that has "Xmx Size (MB)", I would not be right for "4096" this option? because here the most I can manage is "1024", "2048" and "4096" gives error Sad

I use Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bits and JAVA 6 update 20 (32 bits)
with 32bit java the most you can probably use is 1200m ~ 1300m I would stay around 800-1024 though.

as for performance there might be a few options in there that can give some performance help but it varies I don't have time to test all the options / combination of options, feel free to mess around with them it shouldnt hurt anything, just hit Default to return everything to how it was.

CompileThreshold to a high value like 2000+, AggressiveOpts, fastAccessorMethods, Xrs might get you a few more FPS but it could also have side effects
(06-05-2010, 06:05 AM)hyakki Wrote: with 32bit java the most you can probably use is 1200m ~ 1300m I would stay around 800-1024 though.

as for performance there might be a few options in there that can give some performance help but it varies I don't have time to test all the options / combination of options, feel free to mess around with them it shouldnt hurt anything, just hit Default to return everything to how it was.

CompileThreshold to a high value like 2000+, AggressiveOpts, fastAccessorMethods, Xrs might get you a few more FPS but it could also have side effects

ok thanks! Smile
hyakki whats your settings for launcher(i mean best for FF7CC).I be able to test my own ,but i really out of this stuff.
i have 1531 build and 4gb,7 ultimate 32-bit.....thanks
(06-07-2010, 02:53 PM)Minicarl Wrote: hyakki whats your settings for launcher(i mean best for FF7CC).I be able to test my own ,but i really out of this stuff.

I would leave everything default,
Just set the xmx value to something like 864 - 1088

other options that "might" help
"-Xingc"
"-Xrs"
"XX:+Large Pages"
this might give 0.5~1 fps more but its hard to tell.

other then that there really isn't much you can do for a major speed increase
(06-07-2010, 08:55 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 02:53 PM)Minicarl Wrote: hyakki whats your settings for launcher(i mean best for FF7CC).I be able to test my own ,but i really out of this stuff.

"-Xingc"
"-Xrs"

Yes i get it,but with Large pages give my java command window this:

Java HotSpot tm client vm warning:JVM cannot use large page memory because it
does not have enough privilege to lock pages in memory.Huh
(06-08-2010, 11:07 AM)Minicarl Wrote:
(06-07-2010, 08:55 PM)hyakki Wrote:

"-Xingc"
"-Xrs"

Yes i get it,but with Large pages give my java command window this:

Java HotSpot tm client vm warning:JVM cannot use large page memory because it
does not have enough privilege to lock pages in memory.Huh

not sure if its really worth it but if you want to enable locked pages do this

Option 1.
start - run
type in gpedit.msc
Computer configuration -> Windows settings-->security settings-->Local policies-->User Rights Assignment ->Lock pages in memory.
click Add user or group
type in your current system username. click ok

Option 2.
if you dont have gpedit (some home editions of windows try this)
start - run
type in SECPOL.msc
Local Policies>User Rights Managment>Lock pages in memory.
click Add user or group
type in your current system username. click ok

you might need to log off / reboot for the change to take effect.

Locked pages just gives an application full access to ram so it can access it alot faster. (pcsx2 used to need this enabled)^^