This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to use update & DLC in rpcs3?
How to use update & DLC in rpcs3?

THE LEGEND OF HEROES TRAILS OF COLD STEEL

Tried to use update & DLC for BLUS31572 did not work.
what are the right location for update & dlc files & how to activate them?
If you placed the game inside dev_hdd0 and then installed the DLC you corrupted the game.

It's a disc game, if you have the DLCs for it place them on the same path you have them on your PS3 or if you have them as packages then install via package.
Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X, Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Laptop: Intel i7 6700HQ, Intel HD 530, 2x8G 2133MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: FX-8350, R9 280X, 2x4G 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
(06-16-2017, 03:34 PM)Annie Wrote: If you placed the game inside dev_hdd0 and then installed the DLC you corrupted the game.

It's a disc game, if you have the DLCs for it place them on the same path you have them on your PS3 or if you have them as packages then install via package.

my game version is BLUS31572 from ps3 disk
but game install to NPUB31759_INSTALL folder
Update install to different location inside BLUS31572, don't work

dlc files are for version NPUB31759.
so how can I use the dlc?
what is the right location for dlc & update in rpcs3?
Game may install itself to a folder named with a different Game ID for some reason, this may perfectly happen and is entirely up to the game.

It's as simple as if you're ripping the game from the PS3 copy paste the whole install directory to PC after installing the DLCs on your PS3, if you're installing them from packages just install the package and that's it.
Obviously, you have to use DLCs made for the same version of the game that you have, which is BLUS31572.

Paths for DLCs and Updates are entirely game dependent, but if you don't have them as packages then take note of the directory they were into before grabbing them off your PS3.
(06-16-2017, 05:10 PM)Annie Wrote: Game may install itself to a folder named with a different Game ID for some reason, this may perfectly happen and is entirely up to the game.

It's as simple as if you're ripping the game from the PS3 copy paste the whole install directory to PC after installing the DLCs on your PS3, if you're installing them from packages just install the package and that's it.
Obviously, you have to use DLCs made for the same version of the game that you have, which is BLUS31572.

Paths for DLCs and Updates are entirely game dependent, but if you don't have them as packages then take note of the directory they were into before grabbing them off your PS3.

THE LEGEND OF HEROES:TRAILS OF COLD STEEL UPDATE 1.02: 15mb

This is an update for BLUS31572.after installing it doesn't load in rpcs3.
can you try or tell me how to use this update.

the update creates two eboot files in BLUS31572 directory. rpcs3 loads the old version.
I removed the link, it's illegal to share those here.
I don't have the game so can't check that specific scenario for you unfortunately.

If you install the update, the game stops working or does it load the old version?
What if you backup your original EBOOT and replace it with the newer one? Although this shouldn't happen on a real scenario because discs are read-only.
(06-16-2017, 11:10 PM)Annie Wrote: I removed the link, it's illegal to share those here.
I don't have the game so can't check that specific scenario for you unfortunately.

If you install the update, the game stops working or does it load the old version?
What if you backup your original EBOOT and replace it with the newer one? Although this shouldn't happen on a real scenario because discs are read-only.

the link was from offcial psn link.also it does not have any illegal content.without the game its useless.

anyway
game file location
dev_hdd0\game\BLUS31572\PS3_GAME --- USRDIR

update install to
dev_hdd0\game\BLUS31572 --- USRDIR\ contain a patch folder & eboot

so there are 2 USRDIR folder 2 eboot & 2 PARAM.SFO

I tried changing files did not work.

updates don't work for any of my disk game

I also tried THE LEGEND OF HEROES TRAILS OF COLD STEEL 2
same result
Of course it is illegal to share it. You can download all games, dlcs and updates directly from PSN servers, doesn't mean it's legal to share them since you should only have access upon purchase. Plus they have copyrighted content, doesn't matter if it "works" or not.

You can't have the disc game inside dev_hdd0 as I've said. You may corrupt the game, specially if it writes to the same directory.

How do you check if the update worked? Even if you update the game, if it's a disc game it will still be listed as v1.00 since discs never get updated themselves.
(06-17-2017, 11:54 AM)Annie Wrote: Of course it is illegal to share it. You can download all games, dlcs and updates directly from PSN servers, doesn't mean it's legal to share them since you should only have access upon purchase. Plus they have copyrighted content, doesn't matter if it "works" or not.

You can't have the disc game inside dev_hdd0 as I've said. You may corrupt the game, specially if it writes to the same directory.

How do you check if the update worked? Even if you update the game, if it's a disc game it will still be listed as v1.00 since discs never get updated themselves.

you can check update works or not by using a save made with the new update.
if the save don't load that means update is not working.
which I tried & did not work.

Installing update don't corrupt the game. game still load but rpcs3 don't load the update files.

can you try an update from psn for any disk game you have?
I think you will get better idea of what I am talking about that way.
I think I stumbled upon the bug you're mentioning using my Guitar Hero III disc
We'll be looking into this

Manual dev_bdvd mounting is needed, and this is not an user friendly thing to do at the moment.
For now you have to boot the updated EBOOT using Boot (S)ELF with dev_bdvd manually mounted to game path.

For example, I have the game on discs/BLES00134-[GH3]
Then I just modify the dev_bdvd line on config.yml to be the following:
/dev_bdvd/: $(EmulatorDir)discs/BLES00134-[GH3]/
But you still need to force dev_bdvd to be mounted, which isn't possible out of the box.

It will be fixed to automatically work in the future.