This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Testing r1518-r1519 tools on real PSP
Since in r1518 and r1519 added new tools - i tried to check it on my PSP-2006 TA-088v3 with CFW 5.03, but "Compiler Performance Test" not working, (when i press button to start test - PSP shuts down, looks like it written for 1.5 kernel) also "Memory Test" tool not working properly.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-28-2010, 06:11 PM)BlackDaemon Wrote: Since in r1518 and r1519 added new tools - i tried to check it on my PSP-2006 TA-088v3 with CFW 5.03, but "Compiler Performance Test" not working, (when i press button to start test - PSP shuts down, looks like it written for 1.5 kernel) also "Memory Test" tool not working properly.
I will check the problem with the Compiler Performance Test.

The result of the Memory Test is however correct. It shows a little bit less memory available than on my PSP. Have you maybe CFW-plugin's installed?

Thanks!
gid15, hmm, only RemoteJoy and pops, but it has no effect when i disable them, also i got same error from HEN mode. Confused
umm... I don't know where to post this comment, so please forgive me if I'm in the wrong thread.

Regarding performance of r1516 and latest one (r1526), I think r1516 is still better though I only confirmed this using FF7 Crisis Core. Since r1524, I found those version seems to lose a few FPS. Although still fully playable, but it becomes laggy. Meanwhile, on r1516, it runs more smoothly. Wonder why this happened with newer builds when they are "generally" expected to be better?

And, I've seen many critics regarding speedhack on other threads, but I think it is useful. It helps me a lot when I am in places where fps dropped down. Well, it doesn't increase JPCSP's fps, but when it is laggy, it's better just to fast-forward it, right? I used cheat engine's speedhack.

Also, another question for Crisis Core. On sector 8, I have an upside-down view.. Floors are on top of screen, while characters are reversed. Sometimes this can be solved by unchecking Media Engine. This problem still persists even on r1524. Is there a permanent solution for this bug?

thanks in advance.
It's not that we don't want to add a speedhack. If there was a reliable way to do it, or any way at all, we would have implemented it as an option.
But we're aware of no solution for this. So if you've found a way to improve speed in a game by hacking the game's code, please help yourslef.

Concerning the slowdowns, yes, it happens for me too, but we'll figure this in due time. Emulation accuracy is improving and that's all that matters for now.
Also, we're working on ways to improve JPCSP's graphics handling.
We already have a couple of features on our TODO list that will probably help a lot JPCSP's performance and gid already started working on them.

However, please keep in mind that, like Orphis stated, in emulation, accuracy is our first priority. Even so, we've been trying to work both ways (accuracy and performance development) and we've been getting really good results, especially considering that we're working with Java.

As for ways to decieve normal emulation, frame skipping is probably all we could do for now, but again, that's not an immediate priority. Tongue