This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Star Ocean 4 International [BLUS30462]
On the 0.0.2-4450 and 0.0.2-4452 there's a regression aka it's back to the black screen with no FPS. Essentially the same result as was over a month ago.

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 45.21 KB / Downloads: 79)
.rar   RPCS3-4452.rar (Size: 45.17 KB / Downloads: 72)
Core i5-3570k @4.5GHz | EVGA GeForce GTX670 SC 2GB | 2x4GB DDR3 1600MHz
eh? You are comparing master branch and unmerged PR. There is no regression because it never worked to begin with on master.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(04-16-2017, 02:26 PM)ssshadow Wrote: eh? You are comparing master branch and unmerged PR. There is no regression because it never worked to begin with on master.

Soooo... how am I supposed to tell when they are merging things into the master, which ones have the previous fixes etc.?
(04-16-2017, 05:11 PM)Ryu Makkuro Wrote:
(04-16-2017, 02:26 PM)ssshadow Wrote: eh? You are comparing master branch and unmerged PR. There is no regression because it never worked to begin with on master.

Soooo... how am I supposed to tell when they are merging things into the master, which ones have the previous fixes etc.?

You would have to look on github. This is the "magical" PR: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/2684 and it has been merged now.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(04-16-2017, 05:34 PM)ssshadow Wrote: You would have to look on github. This is the "magical" PR: https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/2684 and it has been merged now.

Will keep that in mind then. Thanks for the info.

As to that latest master branch (0.0.2-4454)... funny thing. The install trophy data will appear ONLY when I use OpenGL. Vulkan and DX12 will always throw an exception (the purple text). Tested this multiple times to make sure (which is why the log is in two parts xD).

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.part01.rar (Size: 1.46 MB / Downloads: 77)
.rar   RPCS3.part02.rar (Size: 1.28 MB / Downloads: 76)
Ok, another few small things changed. The trophy loading pops up now basically on any settings (haven't tested PPU recompiler, so not sure about that one) with one exception. Now the "load only liblv2.sprx only" will pop up the loading trophy on Vulkan only when you first run it with "automatically load required libraries". With OpenGL it works straight on.
But that's not all. If I use the SPU recompiler, I notice that the last messages on the log appear almost immediately on Vulkan, while on OpenGL they can take up to 30s to appear after the trophy loading window pops up.

Small improvement, but something. The log seems to show issues with loading trophies and save data. As in it can't get required space for them. I remember something similar in the Demon Souls report being mentioned, so maybe it's a small thing to make it load into an intro. This game also has battle trophies if I recall correctly, so it may require some extra things in terms of trophies and save data.

Attached Files
.rar   RPCS3.rar (Size: 546.03 KB / Downloads: 71)
Tested on latest build. Fail to load and hang with white screen. Tried on OGL, Vulcan, D3D12 both recompiler. All same result (white screen)

Attached Files
.zip   RPCS3.zip (Size: 57.58 KB / Downloads: 74)