This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
Automated and official SVN builds
I've setup a buildbot for Jpcsp to automatically build downloadable packages each time there is a new revision.
You don't have access to the build reports but you can have access to the built packages here :

http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

Available on the buildbot :
Windows 32bit package ( start-windows-x86.bat )
Windows 64bit package ( start-windows-amd64.bat )
Linux 32bit package ( start-linux-x86.sh )
Linux 64bit package (start-linux-amd64.sh )
MacOSX package (run file to be built soon, refer to the other launch script for now)

Feedback and suggestion are really welcome, especially for the Linux and MacOSX builds where I didn't make any launcher yet. I'll do the MACOSX one soon !

Current version r1513 :
Implemented scePsmf module.
Improved sceFont implementation.
Added small improvements in sceAtrac3plus and sceMpeg.
(05-20-2010, 04:47 PM)Orphis Wrote: MacOSX package (run file to be built soon, refer to the other launch script for now)

Feedback and suggestion are really welcome, especially for the Linux and MacOSX builds where I didn't make any launcher yet. I'll do the MACOSX one soon !

I've been building the Mac version for some time. If you can, you should use my wrapper in your auto-builder.

Version 0.5 revision 1545:
http://www.mediafire.com/?fymfqid2mbw

The .app directory is treated as an executable by the Mac OS; on Windows and Linux they're just "folders" (though it can be treated as a directory on OSX, by default it executes like a program). All you need to do is set your auto-builder to do 2 things. 1) build the Jpcsp.jar and place it inside the .app directory in the right spot and 2) update the Info.plist xml file with the revision number in the correct places. Though part 2 is not necessary for the functionality, it is recommended for standards. Then all you need to do is pack the .app directory in your favorite compression format (looks like 7zip at the moment).
I've bought a Mac last week, I'll do a proper packaging soon.
I don't know what you mean by "proper" packaging. The .app wrapper was created using Apple's official JAR wrapping utility. It follows all of Apple's standards for making applications.

If you want some guidance on making .app wrappers for JAR files, start with step 7 in the "How to build JPCSP for yourself" part of this thread (you'll need to be sure that you've downloaded XCode):
http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.p...58&p=32200
I meant doing a .app in a DMG file with an easy "move to app" thing. I don't know how it works yet but I'll soon figure it out.
(06-08-2010, 10:29 PM)Orphis Wrote: I meant doing a .app in a DMG file with an easy "move to app" thing. I don't know how it works yet but I'll soon figure it out.

Ah, this is probably not as easy to do with an auto-builder bot. To create a DMG go to...

Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility

Click on the "New Image" button at the top, and it'll ask you what to save it as. You can then "Save as" with whatever.dmg, then make sure you name the disk image properly. You'll want to set the size to a custom amount based on the size of the .app, just round up to whatever the next highest MB is and it'll be fine. I also recommend that you use the case-sensitive journaled format - but to each his own. The rest of the options can be left untouched. Make/save the image.

Now mount the DMG, and open up the disk image. It is customary to make a (hidden) directory named ".background" in the root of the image (on Mac, anything with a "." character in front is treated as "hidden"). Put the background picture there. Now from the View menu of Finder, choose "Show View Options". MAKE SURE that you click the "This window only" option in here. Then select it as a background in the "Show View Options". Using the rest of the "Show View Options" you can customize the looks of the icons and what not.

You can customize the icons inside a DMG (and on the DMG itself) by right clicking on it (or command clicking on it) and selecting "Get Info". At the top left will be a small area to drag and drop .icns files into for the icon. You may also be able to command+C and command+V the icon from the "Get Info" of a different one, but I haven't tried it.

As for making the little shortcut for the Applications directory, you can use the terminal to issue this command:
Code:
ln -s /Applications /Volumes/Your\ DMG\ Name

That'll create the applications shortcut to drag and drop into...

I believe from there you can unmount and distribute, but until the emulator gets to version 1.0 I don't think it's worth making a DMG. Furthermore, the DMG is akin to an "installer" in windows - so unless you're also creating a .exe wrapper for the JAR in the windows version AND wrapping all of THAT up into an .exe to install with... I don't think there's a need to go all the way to make a DMG for the auto-building bot. I'm sure this entire process can be done using a makefile, but eh... Doesn't seem worth it until it goes to version 1.0, you know what I mean?
It won't be difficult to do, I just need to configure it once and then find an utility under Linux to build it. As I expect an application to be well integrated in a desktop, I want to do this for each revision.
For Windows, it's a little bit different as most people anyway put their applications in so many places, a zip archive is definitely easier. We also don't support launching the program from a location without Administrator privilege so it's useless.
And it's about the same for Linux.
For Windows, people put their applications in C:\Program Files\ and that's it. Linux is the one that has ridiculously crazy standards for where to put an application... /etc/ or /bin or /usr/bin.... And there are many, many more. Saying that anyone can/do put anything anywhere in Windows is no different from saying they can do that with Mac. You don't have to put a .app inside the /Applications directory in Mac for it to work - so the argument that a "proper" packaging for Mac is in DMG with "drag/drop to Applications" implies that the "proper" packaging for Windows is to make an installing executable that installs to C:\Program Files\

BECAUSE this software is only version 0.5, it doesn't need the same attention that version 1.0 would need. 0.5 is just that, half of what should be. Making a full fledged DMG "installer" gives the feeling that the product is finished and should work a majority of the time for a majority of things (when this is clearly not so). Leaving the .app inside a zip gives it the feeling that there are still things that need to be worked on.

I continue to fail to see the point of making a full fledged DMG "installer" but if you want to do it with Linux you'll have to install this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linux-hfsplus/

That adds support for the Mac HFS+, as well as DMG containers.
hey guys, can you help me? where i can find jpcsp0.5 rev 1578? help me please...
(06-19-2010, 09:15 AM)cena_axl Wrote: hey guys, can you help me? where i can find jpcsp0.5 rev 1578? help me please...

http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/