This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E {PPU[1] Thread (CPUThread)[0x006ba418]} Exception: Access violation: addr = 0x18d00
This error stopped emulation game(Asura Wrath, Hard Corps Uprising, Dead Rising).
Build:3642b26
And these games worked (better) before this revision?
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(07-11-2014, 04:47 PM)ssshadow Wrote: And these games worked (better) before this revision?

Yes.Maybe, this games again worked in revision 14050c7(not downloable build)-Not.This problem show againSad
Very small commit to take care of one thing missing in #409.

Reasons for that change:
<Nekoteki>AlexAltea: it's fatal error that shouldn't be ignored
<Nekoteki>AlexAltea: the second reason, ps3 can handle page faults by
itself

(07-11-2014, 04:47 PM)ssshadow Wrote: And these games worked (better) before this revision?

0x006ba418-this address not always same.
I think the changes in this build and the last are actually the problem. You could ignore segmentation faults/access violations/read/write to null block before, now you can't, so these games get stuck... Well, it's not that big of a deal anyway, those games would never get further than maybe intro with those errors anyway.
Asus N55SF, i7-2670QM (~2,8 ghz under typical load), GeForce GT 555M (only OpenGL)
(07-11-2014, 04:56 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I think the changes in this build and the last are actually the problem. You could ignore segmentation faults/access violations/read/write to null block before, now you can't, so these games get stuck... Well, it's not that big of a deal anyway, those games would never get further than maybe intro with those errors anyway.

This problem maybe fixed in next time?
(07-11-2014, 05:00 PM)Cyrax_X(Ru4slan has banned) Wrote:
(07-11-2014, 04:56 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I think the changes in this build and the last are actually the problem. You could ignore segmentation faults/access violations/read/write to null block before, now you can't, so these games get stuck... Well, it's not that big of a deal anyway, those games would never get further than maybe intro with those errors anyway.

Probably in a longer time frame. The error "Exception: Access violation: addr = 0x18d00" could happen for several different reasons, for example maybe missing cellSpurs. But again, even if you ignored this error the game would still not run without Spurs.

(I hope I am right here in this thread and didn't say anything stupid...)
(07-11-2014, 05:03 PM)ssshadow Wrote:

Probably in a longer time frame. The error "Exception: Access violation: addr = 0x18d00" could happen for several different reasons, for example maybe missing cellSpurs. But again, even if you ignored this error the game would still not run without Spurs.

I understand.

(07-11-2014, 05:03 PM)ssshadow Wrote:

In CoD:Black Ops [BLES01031]

Option "Ignore read/write errors" has been deleted. I doubt it will appear again (of course, there always is some 0.01% chance).

From my point of view, this option doesn't make any sense. "Access violation" is nothing but this kind of error.

You may think it's regression, but what makes you think so?
(07-11-2014, 06:39 PM)NekotekinaHito Wrote: Option "Ignore read/write errors" has been deleted. I doubt it will appear again (of course, there always is some 0.01% chance).

From my point of view, this option doesn't make any sense. "Access violation" is nothing but this kind of error.

I do not know
(07-11-2014, 06:39 PM)NekotekinaHito Wrote: Option "Ignore read/write errors" has been deleted. I doubt it will appear again (of course, there always is some 0.01% chance).

Some games do not continue after error and after pressing resume button, while previously were going. Maybe Access violation error in these games are more fatal that in others which actually go on after resume. I believe devs know what are they doing. The culprit is that there will be less reports right now of intro games after the commit than previously with ignore option, until emulation become more completed i think Smile