This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How to decrypt files that need the .rap file
Can some1 make a tutorial how to decrypt those games in rpcs3? Many PSN games require this, but i dont know where to put the file so it decrypts. Any help with that plz?
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(03-06-2014, 06:55 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: Can some1 make a tutorial how to decrypt those games in rpcs3? Many PSN games require this, but i dont know where to put the file so it decrypts. Any help with that plz?

Same, I understand anything rap file Sad
Upload you Log Here :
PC spec:
Windows 10 PRO X64 Insider 16.232
Amd Ryzen 1700X @3.8 ghz
MSI Core Frozr L
16 go Corsair Vengeance LPX PC4-25600 (3200MHz)
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
500 Go SSD Samsung 960 EVO M.2
put the rap files into the dev_usb000 folder and it should decrypt the games just fine
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(03-07-2014, 11:53 AM)Ekaseo Wrote: put the rap files into the dev_usb000 folder and it should decrypt the games just fine

So I found a software for some rap file, and it works, but I can not created myself a file .rap, I understand anything :/
Upload you Log Here :
PC spec:
Amd Ryzen 1700X @3.8 ghz
MSI Core Frozr L
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
(03-07-2014, 12:23 PM)Dante38490 Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 11:53 AM)Ekaseo Wrote: put the rap files into the dev_usb000 folder and it should decrypt the games just fine

So I found a software for some rap file, and it works, but I can not created myself a file .rap, I understand anything :/

Yeah... Sorry about that.
I placed a small note on the crypto commit, but it wasn't really intuitive for users to go check the comments and notice that .rap files need to be placed under the dev_usb000.
I guess I should add this information to the Wiki.

There are only two ways to decrypt a PSN game (with a local license). One is using your console's ACT.DAT and your IDPS to generate a new RIF key (this method is still not implemented in RPCS3, but it's not used very often) and the other is simply using the RAP file that comes with the game PKG to generate the referred key.
(03-07-2014, 11:37 PM)Hykem Wrote: Yeah... Sorry about that.
I placed a small note on the crypto commit, but it wasn't really intuitive for users to go check the comments and notice that .rap files need to be placed under the dev_usb000.

There are only two ways to decrypt a PSN game (with a local license). One is using your console's ACT.DAT and your IDPS to generate a new RIF key (this method is still not implemented in RPCS3, but it's not used very often) and the other is simply using the RAP file that comes with the game PKG to generate the referred key.
What is needed is a ps3 with a custom firmware?
Upload you Log Here :
PC spec:
Amd Ryzen 1700X @3.8 ghz
MSI Core Frozr L
MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G
(03-08-2014, 12:18 AM)Dante38490 Wrote:
(03-07-2014, 11:37 PM)Hykem Wrote: Yeah... Sorry about that.

What is needed is a ps3 with a custom firmware?

Yes. You can use reActPSN and a CFW PS3 to generate a RAP file for your game.
use this program (Psnstuff 1.82) to get RAP File
ah! thanks, this thread helped me with testing a psn game, i was missing that file, now it loads the rendering window.
EDAT/SDAT decryption has been improved in the latest revisions.
The most important changes are:
- A new path is now used to load RAP files from (dev_hdd0 /home/00000001/exdata). This is the folder where RAP/RIF files are handled in a PS3, so place your RAP files there from now on.
- File decryption is now automatic. The encrypted EDAT/SDAT file is temporarily decrypted into dev_hdd1/cache and, if the decryption process is successful, the original file is replaced with the decrypted one eliminating the need for a new decryption each time the game is loaded.

Enjoy! Smile