This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Avoidance
The homebrew "Avoidance.pkg" shows only a red square with a small dot in the middle for me.
Not sure actually if this is jut "Loadable" or already "Intro"

Well, I found this, so it seems that you do get in game, but graphics are broken.

Still, not bad. Do you have the latest version of this homebrew? The linked article suggests the older version was "busted and unplayable"
Thanks for the info!
I have now tried both, the 1.0 and the 1.3 ver of this game, but the screen still shows the same.
Oh! I thought, that the game was stuck on the title screen or something when I tested it... I though this was a bug/glitch/not implemented functions in RPCS3...
But apparently it was playable the whole time!
Man I suck at being patient >.<

Thanks for correcting my mistake Big Grin

Edit: Actually there should be a HighScore and a Score panel at the top left side, which is missing in RPCS3, so I assume, the game DOES have some graphical imperfection.
(12-31-2013, 05:15 PM)AlexAltea Wrote:
(12-31-2013, 04:55 PM)Chaoz27 Wrote: Edit: Actually there should be a HighScore and a Score panel at the top left side, which is missing in RPCS3, so I assume, the game DOES have some graphical imperfection.

Have you a video or picture of Avoidance v1.0 running in the PS3? All I have found is this version (Avoidance v1.3: http://www.youtube.com/v/CJFjBUZzyjw) which does have a highscore counter, but I think the version v1.0 doesn't and the RSX (GPU) doesn't seem to try to draw anything in that part of the screen. Big Grin

EDIT: According to the picture of this thread it looks good: http://www.ps3hax.net/showthread.php?t=20940
The version is v0.1, not v1.0, and it looks like this on a real PS3:

[Image: avoidance.jpg]

why does it not work for me? in dbg console it shows this:
buffers will be 0x151800 bytes
frag_mem = 0xc0546000
libpng error: IHDR: CRC error
Abort called.

changing the resolution does not help, i tried it with x64 version
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(12-31-2013, 05:21 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: why does it not work for me? in dbg console it shows this:
buffers will be 0x151800 bytes
frag_mem = 0xc0546000
libpng error: IHDR: CRC error
Abort called.

changing the resolution does not help, i tried it with x64 version

To be honest, it doesn't work for me either in the newest version of RPCS3, it only works with the old ones for me. It doesn't even matter which version -> v1.0 AND v1.3 work in the old revs but not in the new one. :/
It works for me
Latest version of emulator, December 31
So can someone post the .pkg/.elf? I downloaded 1.3 and get the same CRC error.
(12-31-2013, 08:42 PM)ssshadow Wrote: So can someone post the .pkg/.elf? I downloaded 1.3 and get the same CRC error.

still the same error, but here is the .pkg

Attached Files
.rar   Avoidance v0.1.rar (Size: 182.44 KB / Downloads: 110)
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
So I get the same error with both game versions in both the current emu revision, as well as some older one.