This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help with Final Fantasy 1 PSP
Hello!. I need help to install and run Final Fantasy 1 PSP on a laptop computer. I have the emulators "PCSP 0.5.5", "Jpcsp (32 bit) SVN 2927" and "Jpcsp (64 bit) SVN 2927". I have the file "Final Fantasy.cso" and also an ISO image. When using PCSP and trying to load the ".cso" file, it does not show ("Final Fantasy.cso" is on the desktop; I have even moved it to "pcsp v0.5.5/ms0/PSP/GAME" and still does not show when trying to load it). And when I use Jpcsp I receive the message "General Error : File Format not supported!". I guess that my issue has to do with something called "Eboot". When I mount the ISO image and load "PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/EBOOT" with Jpcsp and click on "Run", I just get a black screen. Can somebody kindly help me, please?. Thank you very much.
(02-08-2013, 08:38 PM)hhisc29926 Wrote: Hello!. I need help to install and run Final Fantasy 1 PSP on a laptop computer. I have the emulators "PCSP 0.5.5", "Jpcsp (32 bit) SVN 2927" and "Jpcsp (64 bit) SVN 2927". I have the file "Final Fantasy.cso" and also an ISO image. When using PCSP and trying to load the ".cso" file, it does not show ("Final Fantasy.cso" is on the desktop; I have even moved it to "pcsp v0.5.5/ms0/PSP/GAME" and still does not show when trying to load it). And when I use Jpcsp I receive the message "General Error : File Format not supported!". I guess that my issue has to do with something called "Eboot". When I mount the ISO image and load "PSP_GAME/SYSDIR/EBOOT" with Jpcsp and click on "Run", I just get a black screen. Can somebody kindly help me, please?. Thank you very much.

Copy cso or iso to jpcsp/umdimages.. Cso must be supported by JPCSP (i have some cso games and they all work). Then run emulator and click file, load UMD, and then u will see ur iso. Final Fantasy 1 doesn't work on PCSP 0.5.5 (it's shitty emulator). Try PPSSPP, maybe it'll work on it. Wink
Hello, and thank you for your promt answer!. I did as you suggested, and IT WORKED!!!. Thank you very, very much. I used Jpcsp and could see both files: the ".cso" and the "ISO", both play well (I think that my mistake was to "Load file" instead of "Load UMD"). Now I think that I need to download something to get sound... And with PPSSPP I could load both files, also, and see on the title bar of the window: "ULUS10251 : FINAL FANTASY", which probably means that it could load the game, but it gives me this message: "Insufficient space on Memory Stick Duo. Memory Stick Duo with at least 672 KB of free space required to save game. Assign data to be deleted? Yes No X Enter O Back". Whatever I choose, I can not get any further. And, by the way, I had to download and install an "xinput1_3.dll" file to be able to use PPSSPP. Then, what should I do now (about the sound and PPSSPP)?. Thank you very much again, your help has been really useful to me Smile
(02-08-2013, 11:06 PM)hhisc29926 Wrote: Hello, and thank you for your promt answer!. I did as you suggested, and IT WORKED!!!. Thank you very, very much. I used Jpcsp and could see both files: the ".cso" and the "ISO", both play well (I think that my mistake was to "Load file" instead of "Load UMD"). Now I think that I need to download something to get sound... And with PPSSPP I could load both files, also, and see on the title bar of the window: "ULUS10251 : FINAL FANTASY", which probably means that it could load the game, but it gives me this message: "Insufficient space on Memory Stick Duo. Memory Stick Duo with at least 672 KB of free space required to save game. Assign data to be deleted? Yes No X Enter O Back". Whatever I choose, I can not get any further. And, by the way, I had to download and install an "xinput1_3.dll" file to be able to use PPSSPP. Then, what should I do now (about the sound and PPSSPP)?. Thank you very much again, your help has been really useful to me Smile

You're welcome friend. Wink To get sound on JPCSP just download SonicStage and install it.. And then i config of emulator enabe Use SonicStage option (u'll see it under use media engine option). Now, about PPSSPP.. Probably games is not yet compatible with it because it's still in early stage of development. In some newer version it will start working.. Henrik (developer of PPSSPP) is currently working on speed, graphics and sound, and all things that currently don't work good on PPSSPP (speed is awesome in almost every game).. When they finnish all that (for few months probably) then they will start working on compatibility (many games will start working for those few months working on all i said). So just wait and look at PPSSPP's forums. Wink When u see it's playable then try it on ur PC. Smile
Check this man: http://forums.ppsspp.org/showthread.php?tid=658
That's thread for Final Fantasy 1 on PPSSPP emulator.. Read there, they say it's playable. Wink
Thank you, I am the one who has posted almost everything on that thread for Final Fantasy (but I came to knowledge about PPSSPP's existence and its forum thanks to you). Someone there has been as kind as you and is helping me (with PPSSPP).

Jpcsp is working better in my case, however I still have some questions:

1- I need help to make it run at a better speed (it is slow). I have checked on Windows Task Manager's "Physical Memory Usage History" that it takes almost all the memory. Could that be the cause or is there a way to make it run faster?.

2- I have to wait ten seconds after the introductory cinematic is over to click "Enter" on my keyboard (PSP's "Start"). If I click it before the cinematic has finished, the window turns black and there is nothing I can do other than closing Jpcsp and restart it. If I wait too long, the same happens. In any case I can have success about one in every five times, which is frustrating.

3- If I reset the game, "Run" does not work (I have to restart Jpcsp). I can use Jpcsp only once every time I load it, after that I have to close it and load it again, which takes a lot of time.

4- Is there a way to "Save state" and "Load state"?.

Thank you very much for all the time you have taken to help me Smile
(02-09-2013, 09:31 PM)hhisc29926 Wrote: Thank you, I am the one who has posted almost everything on that thread for Final Fantasy (but I came to knowledge about PPSSPP's existence and its forum thanks to you). Someone there has been as kind as you and is helping me (with PPSSPP).

Jpcsp is working better in my case, however I still have some questions:

1- I need help to make it run at a better speed (it is slow). I have checked on Windows Task Manager's "Physical Memory Usage History" that it takes almost all the memory. Could that be the cause or is there a way to make it run faster?.

2- I have to wait ten seconds after the introductory cinematic is over to click "Enter" on my keyboard (PSP's "Start"). If I click it before the cinematic has finished, the window turns black and there is nothing I can do other than closing Jpcsp and restart it. If I wait too long, the same happens. In any case I can have success about one in every five times, which is frustrating.

3- If I reset the game, "Run" does not work (I have to restart Jpcsp). I can use Jpcsp only once every time I load it, after that I have to close it and load it again, which takes a lot of time.

4- Is there a way to "Save state" and "Load state"?.

Thank you very much for all the time you have taken to help me Smile

I don't realy know is there way for "save state" and "load state" cuz i didn't try that on JPCSP... For low speed u need to try to change some options.. Put maximum metod size to 50 to speed up game. It works in every game i have tried.. And enable shaders, vertex cache, enable saving ge to texture instead of memory (i think i told u all, except maximum metod size to 50). I just wanted to say that i have tried Final Fantasy on PPSSPP and it's working for me.. It works 60 FPS, without sound and with some graphical glitcies (small ones). But it works with 60 FPS Wink To pass save game screen just press X on YES (to create save) and YES again (to finish creating save game). Then u will see some broken window (just press X again or V and Space), and then u'll reach main menu. Press X on new game to start game and just enjoy. Smile
I made all of those changes, and the game runs as slow as it did before. I can not get any speed faster than "FPS: 20, averageFPS: 43", and when walking on the world map, no more than "FPS: 10" (usually 3 to 5). It is not slow when in battles, but when walking it is extremely slow.
(02-10-2013, 01:11 AM)hhisc29926 Wrote: I made all of those changes, and the game runs as slow as it did before. I can not get any speed faster than "FPS: 20, averageFPS: 43", and when walking on the world map, no more than "FPS: 10" (usually 3 to 5). It is not slow when in battles, but when walking it is extremely slow.

It's a little faster on my PC using JPCSP, but also slow. I have about 10-12 FPS on map, and in battles don't know. Haven't checked.