This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Fullscreen Problem(Cannot use fullscreen option)
(05-21-2011, 06:48 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 06:45 PM)vingadorjr Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 05:58 PM)Hykem Wrote:
(05-21-2011, 05:49 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: Problems, problems and more problems... Now we cannot resize with F4 to click on RUN! How can we suppose to run any game on fullscreen? Youve implemented that little menu and it was good, but you disable the option to return to window size when pressing F4. How can we press the RUN button? :/

Plus... we canno quit the fullscreen window when thares any game running... sometimews when a click some mouse and keyboard buttons like crazy, i can manage to run a game or enter the Options windows... but its very hard to do it and i can only manage to do this by a chance of 5% of the times.

I think that you are making a mess with 2 programmers working in two different versions of builds... maybe its the problem.

Hm? On the right-click menu you have shortcuts to the "Run" and "Exit" buttons, as well as "Load UMD" and "Configuration" and all that...
First, gid and I are working on different things, so that's not an issue. Then, it takes several tries to get things right, it's impossible to predict if this will work for everyone or not. Undecided
For instance, I'm able to right-click and access the new menu at any time, even when games are running. However it seems a lot of users can't. All I can do is assume that this is a compatibility issue with Windows 7 or Windows Vista which is known to bring a lot of unecessary graphical overloaded functionalities, that is probably preventing JPCSP to recognize a "popup" event (in this case it should be the right-click).
Unfortunately, I don't own multiple systems to test all these issues. Sad

Ive tested it with XP too, as i have those two OSs. In the XP, when you do a right click, the menu "FLICKS", but it isnt consistent and you must do something like 10 right clicks to the menu stays in position without vanishing... its very bugged, sorry. On 7 the menu simply dont show up after you load a UMD.

Another problem in the XP is that when you beggin a game, the frame rate goes down and beggins to skip, but when you activate the right click menu, it becames normal.

Its strange, dont you think?

In either way i do think the right choice to do is to put the F4 option again, to resise to window mode... i dont know why you removed it...

and man... i dont know if im right or wrong, but i really think you ALL should be concentrating in resolve this screen issues before going implementing something else. Its a matter of team organization. Sorry if i cannot exprees myself properly in english... and sometimes what i write can lookgs a little harsh, but its not, its just some languages limitations.

Keep up the good work!

That's odd...
I don't seem to get any of these issues with the popup menu. Huh

Is everyone getting this bug?

Well, I can confirm the no menu after umd load. It's in my list here:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....6#pid14576
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
guys i have this problem too .When i launch full screen and start game i see only ass of Kratos in GOW Ghost Of Sparta there is no resize pls do smoething to have fullscreen resolution my english is not very good im sorry.

And another question when i start GOW Ghost Of Sparta and any game in video i dont have sound in game i have sound i have sonic stage media engine cheked but in video not sound at all what i have to do pls help ?

Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 Bit

Processor - AMD Phenom ™ II X6 1055T 3.50 GHz
Ram - 4 GB DDR3 1600 MHz
Video - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (1024 MB)
MotherBoard - Asus M4A79T Deluxe
We keep with the same problems as aways... not a single implementation. The shaders, the anti-aliasing and the resolutions still doesnt work with fullscreen and the right-click menu still isnt loading while you load a game, so, how could we select the RUN option? Iwe discovered a little trick, keeps clicking with the left and right mouse buttons on the black screen (after load a umd) and goes doing alt+tab. After this, select the DOS control window and after that do a right click on the game windows that is behind the command window... this way the right-click menu appears and you can then select RUN. Trick, isnt it! But fortunately, it works with Win 7.

Hope you solve this on the next builds and improve qhat you have to improve in regard fullscreen enhacements.

Thanks again and see you in one year. Thats when this emu will became with the standards for a decent emu.
(06-01-2011, 06:43 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: We keep with the same problems as aways... not a single implementation. The shaders, the anti-aliasing and the resolutions still doesnt work with fullscreen and the right-click menu still isnt loading while you load a game, so, how could we select the RUN option? Iwe discovered a little trick, keeps clicking with the left and right mouse buttons on the black screen (after load a umd) and goes doing alt+tab. After this, select the DOS control window and after that do a right click on the game windows that is behind the command window... this way the right-click menu appears and you can then select RUN. Trick, isnt it! But fortunately, it works with Win 7.

Hope you solve this on the next builds and improve qhat you have to improve in regard fullscreen enhacements.

Thanks again and see you in one year. Thats when this emu will became with the standards for a decent emu.

Oh no, please don't go!! Please! What will the community do without you.

Crap, alright everyone, we need to get this emu to "descent" status ASAP. Without it, we'll lose valuable, irreplacable members such as this one! They cannot be troubled to use such a broken piece of crap nor can they help us get it into shape. We must meet they're demands without their assistance or else our work is meanless and they'll never return!! Let's fix everything immediately and we might, MIGHT have a chance to redeem ourselves in the eyes of Vingadorjr and he just might will use our app again.

C'mon guys let's get to it!! Go Joe!!
(06-02-2011, 01:13 AM)legend80 Wrote:
(06-01-2011, 06:43 PM)vingadorjr Wrote: We keep with the same problems as aways... not a single implementation. The shaders, the anti-aliasing and the resolutions still doesnt work with fullscreen and the right-click menu still isnt loading while you load a game, so, how could we select the RUN option? Iwe discovered a little trick, keeps clicking with the left and right mouse buttons on the black screen (after load a umd) and goes doing alt+tab. After this, select the DOS control window and after that do a right click on the game windows that is behind the command window... this way the right-click menu appears and you can then select RUN. Trick, isnt it! But fortunately, it works with Win 7.

Crap, alright everyone, we need to get this emu to "descent" status ASAP. Without it, we'll lose valuable, irreplacable members such as this one! They cannot be troubled to use such a broken piece of crap nor can they help us get it into shape. We must meet they're demands without their assistance or else our work is meanless and they'll never return!! Let's fix everything immediately and we might, MIGHT have a chance to redeem ourselves in the eyes of Vingadorjr and he just might will use our app again.

You are funny PAL! LOL ^^
(06-02-2011, 01:13 AM)legend80 Wrote:

I'm going to save this. Its just perfect.
One more time!
I think there's been some progress with the latest revision (r2166). In FFBig Grinissidia, menus and the storymode "battle board" appear almost completely fine when resized (using the video option "resize" with the resize filter), only tiny bits of the screen are cut from the edges, but that's barely noticeable.

This is how the storyboard looks like - almost ok, am I right?

However, when the game goes to a battle, the terrain is entirely obscured by some kind of grey fog. I can see the characters, HUD, effects and some objects fine, but it's like the terrain textures were invisible. So it's still not fully functional, but it's definitely getting there. Keep it up! Wink
(06-07-2011, 07:52 PM)Finzy Wrote: I think there's been some progress with the latest revision (r2166). In FFBig Grinissidia, menus and the storymode "battle board" appear almost completely fine when resized (using the video option "resize" with the resize filter), only tiny bits of the screen are cut from the edges, but that's barely noticeable.

This is how the storyboard looks like - almost ok, am I right?

However, when the game goes to a battle, the terrain is entirely obscured by some kind of grey fog. I can see the characters, HUD, effects and some objects fine, but it's like the terrain textures were invisible. So it's still not fully functional, but it's definitely getting there. Keep it up! Wink

Well not much progress at all ( for the viewport resizer ), it was the same in rev 2159 when the viewport resizer was first implimented.
Funny thing, I spend more time on the forum instead of on emulators Tongue

Not seeing a difference here either.

I know they are working hard on this but I do hope this is the main focus right now. We need proper display with resizing, fullscreen and resolutions nailed down to make this emu fully functional and go a LONG way in bringing it inline with other greats like PCSX2 and Dolphin. Sorry, I really can't play in a 1x tiny window (1920x1200 display). Blush
Kai3213 Wrote:Well not much progress at all ( for the viewport resizer ), it was the same in rev 2159 when the viewport resizer was first implimented.

Well I don't test every build that comes out, I just download a new one now and then to see if anything's changed...last usable build for me was 2100 Tongue

(06-07-2011, 08:56 PM)legend80 Wrote: I know they are working hard on this but I do hope this is the main focus right now. We need proper display with resizing, fullscreen and resolutions nailed down to make this emu fully functional and go a LONG way in bringing it inline with other greats like PCSX2 and Dolphin. Sorry, I really can't play in a 1x tiny window (1920x1200 display). Blush

Fully agreed. While it's great to have good compatibility, ultimately what people want from an emulator is somehow enhanced play over the original version imo. It's pointless to be playing games on a worse implementation, other than for the fun of seeing how it works.

I don't think it would even cost any frames to render games at full native resolution. Jpcsp already defaults to the native resolution, only thing is that it's stuck rendering the game on such a tiny display that you'll never be able to see it in full 1920x1080 glory.