This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TEXTURE DUMPING?? HELP!!
psp 
Hi there ths is my first post here (and i hope this isn't the last) first I got really impressed with the progress of this emulator I can believe how many games already run on this software... but i see emulation as part of something bigger... since i am some kind of metal gear frikkie i wanted to rip as much models as possible and drakon's awesome plugin ( the creator of the popular psp home-brew lamecraft) allowed me to get many characters from peace walker, the problem is that just simple meshes are not very useful if you want to port models to... let's see garry's mod... and seen this emu has a lot of potential i want to seek help in order to dump textures from the game... like the dolphin emu that has that function.... since 3dxripper or 3dvia (that supports opgl) doesn't work whit jcpsp
let me share the snake model with you
[Image: snaku.jpg]
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CRTQ5RG2
the models look pretty cool full screen with anti alias
[Image: cecile2.png]
all help will be appreciated

thanks
[Image: banner.jpg]
Hi FRANKASTER! Smile

I too have been investigating this since KHBBS became playable. There seems to be a big community interested in exploring this game's models.
It's definitely quite useful to be able to extract 3D models and convert them to the appropriate formats for further investigation and editing.
I've already took some steps towards this goal and I hope we can fully implement this feature in a near future.
Right now there are some GE related problems to sort out and a few things to optimize, but it shouldn't take much longer. Wink

Thank you for your interest!
(05-22-2011, 02:45 PM)Hykem Wrote: Hi FRANKASTER! Smile

I too have been investigating this since KHBBS became playable. There seems to be a big community interested in exploring this game's models.
It's definitely quite useful to be able to extract 3D models and convert them to the appropriate formats for further investigation and editing.
I've already took some steps towards this goal and I hope we can fully implement this feature in a near future.
Right now there are some GE related problems to sort out and a few things to optimize, but it shouldn't take much longer. Wink

well i don't know if might be possible to get 3d meshes from the emu (that might be really cool though) but since we already have the plugin for the physical psp all that is needed are the textures... even the plugin gets uv data, so once we get textures out of the emu we can expect a flood of mods on the internets
(05-22-2011, 03:07 PM)FRANKASTER Wrote:
(05-22-2011, 02:45 PM)Hykem Wrote: Hi FRANKASTER! Smile

well i don't know if might be possible to get 3d meshes from the emu (that might be really cool though) but since we already have the plugin for the physical psp all that is needed are the textures... even the plugin gets uv data, so once we get textures out of the emu we can expect a flood of mods on the internets

It should be possible to support this natively on the emulator. Plus it would work much faster.
Mapping the textures to the mesh is also quite easy to add.
Also, I was planning on adding an small conversion utility to allow extracting to the most common formats.
What do you think?
well i don't know nothing about programming, or coding... but all you said there is full of win! exporting to tga/tiff with alpha support sounds pretty cool... if the texture ripping works pretty well maybe the psp3drip creator may optimize the code to work with more games... or even better if you get unposed meshes out of the emu,.... well i can dream....
One feature already implemented is the capture of one frame: it generates a lot of images but also all the textures used in that frame.

When the game displays the wanted frame, start the debugger (Debug -> Tools -> Debugger), switch to the "Misc" tab, press "capture next frame", press "Run" again. A lot of images will be generated in the tmp directory, including all the textures. When the frame is completely captured, the game returns to "Pause". This can take several minutes and generate thousands of images...
(05-22-2011, 07:10 PM)gid15 Wrote: One feature already implemented is the capture of one frame: it generates a lot of images but also all the textures used in that frame.

When the game displays the wanted frame, start the debugger (Debug -> Tools -> Debugger), switch to the "Misc" tab, press "capture next frame", press "Run" again. A lot of images will be generated in the tmp directory, including all the textures. When the frame is completely captured, the game returns to "Pause". This can take several minutes and generate thousands of images...

ok guys, you're like god send saviours to me
[Image: Image04118F00.jpg][Image: Image04113600-2.jpg]
PRETTY COOL! STILL MUCH TO DO!
[Image: PWSNKRIP.png]

thanks! thanks!... i have many stuff to do now...
(05-22-2011, 07:10 PM)gid15 Wrote: One feature already implemented is the capture of one frame: it generates a lot of images but also all the textures used in that frame.

@gid15 It is possible "Load Custom Textures" ingame?
well, do you think in the future might be support for aplha channel... and some of the textures are pretty glichy.... but since I got interested on ripping peace walker characters heads is not a big problem... BTW why does the textures look nice on the emu [Image: cecile2.png]
but when i use them on the ripped model they look all pixelated... Iam missing something?
[Image: ceci.png]
You can try to look at the other images generated by Jpcsp: one image is generated after each object display (the images sharing the same prefix are numbered in the order they are rendered: e.g. Image-4000000-1.bmp then Image-4000000-2.bmp and so on...). That way, you can see how the application builds the complete display. Some games apply post processing (e.g. blur) to the whole image after rendering it.