This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games that still have issues with saving
Figure it would be good to have a thread that tracks games that are still unable to save properly.

Feel free to add other game's here so the dev's can track this and get this very crutial functionality in place for all titles.

-----------------

Here's the current list of games with known saving issues (as of r2136 - 5/17/2011):
Tekken 6
Wipeout Pure

Hykem has fixed saving issues as of r2136 in a number of games. Crossing off all games from the list until told this rev did not fix their save issue.

Fixed:

Street Fighter Alpha 3
Queen's Blade

Street Fighter Alpha 3 is one of these for sure. It works fine inside of the session, but once exitting the game and relaunched, the save data shows as corrupted. This has happened on every revision I've tried, including the latest r2100. I've tried several options and messed around with crypto mode. More info could be found in the game's thread about this:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....681&page=2 Attached is also a log.

Attached Files
.txt   New_Text_Document[1].txt (Size: 14.89 KB / Downloads: 64)
.zip   Log_and_save_file.zip (Size: 15.53 KB / Downloads: 90)
Intel Core i7 6700k @ 4.5 ghz. / GeForce GTX 970 / 16 Gig Ram / Win 10
It's been a few weeks and no replies. Is this the only game that can't save?

Can someone look at this or offers suggestions on how I can get it to work (though I feel I've tried most everything)?

Thanks!
Tekken 6 also can't save properly. It says it saved but you can't load anything.
Also the same goes for WipeOut Pure i think.

Try the Handle saves in CRYPTO mode option in JPCSP maybe it'll work.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15
(05-13-2011, 02:03 AM)andutrache Wrote: Tekken 6 also can't save properly. It says it saved but you can't load anything.
Also the same goes for WipeOut Pure i think.

Try the Handle saves in CRYPTO mode option in JPCSP maybe it'll work.

Thanks for the reply! As mentioned, I have tried Crypto with no luck. I'm not sure really when that should be used or not. Well, at least we're getting a list together here for tracking and help with eventual fixes.
queen's blade seems to have that problem too. it can save the system info just fine, but no actual gameplay saves work. it doesn't save them at all (no savefile is created), and can't load existing ones either.
(05-15-2011, 04:34 AM)serio Wrote: queen's blade seems to have that problem too. it can save the system info just fine, but no actual gameplay saves work. it doesn't save them at all (no savefile is created), and can't load existing ones either.

Added to the list. Thanks!
Could anyone please check if this issue has been fixed for any of those games in r2136? Thanks!
Queen's blade save file works
(05-16-2011, 10:29 PM)Hykem Wrote: Could anyone please check if this issue has been fixed for any of those games in r2136? Thanks!

SFA3 can finally save! Thank you sooooo much Hykem!!

Also, glad to see that you got your commits displaying on Google Code properly finally! Wink
i like how you assumed that everything was fixed and grayed them all out.
Tekken 6 still errors the same and Wipeout Pure still can't load, but hey it fixes SFA3 so **** everything else.
CPU: Intel C2D E8500 @4.2 GHZ GPU: MSI Radeon 6870 Twin Frozr II 1024MB (920/1050)
RAM: 2x2GB Corsair Dominator DDR2-1066 5-5-5-15