This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Emulator
in programming? it is the same company that made windows and xbox is there any chance that the same methods are used in making them ? (microsoft always use X in their project xlive direct x loool i know it has nothing with xbox but just wondering oh and the xbox controller works directly on windows Big Grin)
(11-28-2012, 12:58 PM)shin x Wrote: in programming? it is the same company that made windows and xbox is there any chance that the same methods are used in making them ? (microsoft always use X in their project xlive direct x loool i know it has nothing with xbox but just wondering oh and the xbox controller works directly on windows Big Grin)

If something is similar to PC it doesn't make it easy. You have an xbox1 that is basicaly PC and yet we don't have decent emulator for it. Right now I'm happy that devs are working on ps3 emu and not an xbox360.
(11-29-2012, 01:03 AM)Gundark Wrote: If something is similar to PC it doesn't make it easy. You have an xbox1 that is basicaly PC and yet we don't have decent emulator for it.

That's because almost no one cares about xbox1 emulation, most good games were ported to PC at the time anyways.

Being close to a PC in structure does make things easier and faster. Early xbox1 emulators consisted in converting the xbox game files to the windows executable format on the go. You can't do that with a playstation Wink
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
ok Smile
OK, i'll stop with offtopic. Did anyone notice that with r46 framerate in tetris nearly doubled?
(11-29-2012, 10:31 AM)Runo Wrote:
(11-29-2012, 01:03 AM)Gundark Wrote: If something is similar to PC it doesn't make it easy. You have an xbox1 that is basicaly PC and yet we don't have decent emulator for it.

That's because almost no one cares about xbox1 emulation, most good games were ported to PC at the time anyways.

Being close to a PC in structure does make things easier and faster. Early xbox1 emulators consisted in converting the xbox game files to the windows executable format on the go. You can't do that with a playstation Wink

Even so, port of Halo on PC was catastrophic : too slow, much further slow than with xbox 1rst gen
(11-29-2012, 01:49 PM)Gundark Wrote: OK, i'll stop with offtopic. Did anyone notice that with r46 framerate in tetris nearly doubled?

how do you know that the framerate nearly doubled? i mean, what to do to use these changes on the last build 0.0.0.2? or y used a tool?
[Image: tumblr_nq0lhp2BoL1r61mabo4_500.gif] [Image: Cloud___Tifa_kids_by_ferus.jpg]
(11-29-2012, 01:49 PM)Gundark Wrote: OK, i'll stop with offtopic. Did anyone notice that with r46 framerate in tetris nearly doubled?

Yeah? I'm gonna test that
[Image: BowserCartSmallAni.gif]
My Rig:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 GHz Stock
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 1GB GDDR5
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3 AM3+ Revision
RAM: Geil 4GB Dual Channel @ 1600Mhz
Is anyone with intel graphic card having problems with this emu?
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
On Athlon 250 Vista x64 on rpcs3 0.0.2 i had 20-25fps, now i have steadily 50fps or more, so in my case it's more than a double.
(11-29-2012, 10:02 PM)Ekaseo Wrote: how do you know that the framerate nearly doubled? i mean, what to do to use these changes on the last build 0.0.0.2? or y used a tool?
You have fps counter in the top left corner of gs window.