This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ridge Racers(Asian version) is a slideshow :(
Hello everyone. First of all, a huge thank you to the authors of this wonderful emulator! Job well done!

Anyway, this is the first time I am running the emu, and would like to play just one game for the moment.....Ridge Racers 2(asian version). Can someone please tell me if it's possible to get between 30 and 60fps in this game? Graphics look spectacular upscaled in the emu, but the framerate it is a slide show at around 9-11fps. Sad

PC Specs:

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Intel Core i7 950 OC'ed to 4.0Ghz
nvidia EVGA FTW GTX680 4Gb
6Gb DDR3 Ram
2TB HDD

Is it possible to Ridge Racers smoothly? What's the best settings? Using Jpcsp-2774-windows-x86 official version.
help?
what's the configurations that you're using currently on your JPCSP ?
I use svn2828 and it works like a wonder (60FPS, 30FPS in worst case). My spec's pretty much half of yours (2GB RAM, Pentium Dual Core 2.20 GHz, GeForce 310M, etc) anyway.

I'm using default settings.
(11-04-2012, 02:32 PM)gespenst Wrote: I use svn2828 and it works like a wonder (60FPS, 30FPS in worst case). My spec's pretty much half of yours (2GB RAM, Pentium Dual Core 2.20 GHz, GeForce 310M, etc) anyway.

I'm using default settings.

gespenst thank you for your reply. Can you please point me to svn2828?

Also, I know you said you're using default settings, but just in case their different to mine, would you mind please posting your settings anyway? I'd greatly appreciate it thanks.
Try to download the latest svn from here instead.
http://buildbot.orphis.net/jpcsp/

Video configuration:
-vertex cache, shader
-Enable save GE screen to texture
-Dynamic shader generation

Memory:
-Ignore invalid memory access

Media:
-All the first 3 (but it depends if you haven't installed SonicStage yet)
Hi gespenst and thanks for the reply. OK I have downloaded the latest svn and tried your settings. The game runs a bit better, but still hovers around 25-30fps and dips a bit lower on certain parts of the track. In addition, I am getting some graphical glitches on the textures, where bits and pieces are missing.

gespenst can you confirm that you're running the *Asian* version of Ridge Racers 2?

Any other suggestions?
(11-06-2012, 09:12 AM)isamu Wrote: The game runs a bit better, but still hovers around 25-30fps and dips a bit lower on certain parts of the track.
First try with JPCSP x64 build, set the same config that you have before and now set the compiler option MaximumMethod Size to 50 or 100; if you want try the 5 options until you found better results.

Also, on Video Options try toggling ON: -Disable Optimized VertexInfo.

[Image: montcer.png]
(11-11-2012, 01:02 AM)montcer9012 Wrote:
(11-06-2012, 09:12 AM)isamu Wrote: The game runs a bit better, but still hovers around 25-30fps and dips a bit lower on certain parts of the track.
First try with JPCSP x64 build, set the same config that you have before and now set the compiler option MaximumMethod Size to 50 or 100; if you want try the 5 options until you found better results.

Also, on Video Options try toggling ON: -Disable Optimized VertexInfo.

OK montcer I'll give that a try, thanks. Only reason I am using the 32bit build is because I read the 64bit one is buggy or doesn't work well even on 64bit machines. Is this true?
Is true but not always. See, there's a video/audio decoder that refuses to work with x64 build but some users are trying to make it work so consider it like a BETA test.

For best results use the x64 builds before r2840 because on that rev is when Xuggle 5.5 is implemented on the main code. However, if you want to perform some beta test and help the community with your games use r2840 (and newest that still using Xuggle 5.5) and told us the results.
[Image: montcer.png]