This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Did you test your CPU?
emunewz internals 
If you want to try you java runtime along with your multicore CPU of your system head over to testmycpu.com, a benchmark site powered by emunewz.net.
You can submit your results and compare with other result submissions of the same CPU model.
And tell us your thoughts!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Quite interesting page,not sure if I have a good cpu or a bad one(amongst the other same cpus)
[Image: test.jpg]
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
well it looks like you are close to the average so no worries Smile the dude with the 192 must have some issues though!
Yay I'm average! Just kidding
Oh now I understand,the bigger the value the slower the cpu.I'm such a slowpoke
Anyway It's a useful page so everyone should do it,that way we could see clearly what is the average Smile
i know my cpu is bad Smile i ll change it for quad core 8300 but there is something i didnt understand ! my old gpu was nvidia 9400 gt then i bought sapphire hd 6850 you wont believe it but there is no big difference !!!
lool but in hd 6850 high resolution and low resolution give me almost the same low fps !! i think the cause of that is my dead cpu it is overheated ,it reaches 82 c while it's t case is 69 anyone encountered something like this ?
(11-03-2012, 02:35 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Quite interesting page,not sure if I have a good cpu or a bad one(amongst the other same cpus)
I got a pretty bad score on my linux pc :p, actually I'm surprised the cpu is still working after all these years!
(and I probably should of closed some running processes :p)
http://www.testmycpu.com/detail.html?id=653

Here are my results: http://www.testmycpu.com/detail.html?id=665 (the first one, 2,35GHz cpu).
I will probably buy AMD Athlon II X3 460 3,4GHz, so can someone tell me will i be able to play God of War (both) and FF Crisis Core on some playable speed without lag (about 30-40 FPS)? Also, will i be able to play other games at playable speed? Now i play GoW GoS on about 20-25FPS in battles and about 20-40 while exploring. In FF Crisis Core i have about 20-30 FPS in exploring and battles. I know this is not thread for this, but i had to ask Big Grin Tnx in advance.
P.S. This testmycpu thing is awesome Wink
(11-03-2012, 08:32 PM)hyakki Wrote:
(11-03-2012, 02:35 PM)virgil94 Wrote: Quite interesting page,not sure if I have a good cpu or a bad one(amongst the other same cpus)
I got a pretty bad score on my linux pc :p, actually I'm surprised the cpu is still working after all these years!
(and I probably should of closed some running processes :p)
http://www.testmycpu.com/detail.html?id=653

O_O How old is your pc? Mine is only 5 years old.Maybe pc is not the best to test jpcsp but at least I can see when there are speed boosts Big Grin
With that test i have no doubt that Java isn't taking advantage of AMD Ax APU's; it works normally on the low state but when an application needs extra power the CPU goes to high state running at full speed; Java doesn't turn on that speed boost and the CPU stay on lower state.

Is weird because when i ran DirectX games (Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Ghost Recon FS, etc) or when i use an demanding application (High compression level with 7z/FreeAr, Video conversion with SUPER, etc) my A8-3510mx goes from 1800 to 2500 MHz each core; Java stay on 1800Mhz each core.
[Image: montcer.png]
(11-03-2012, 10:53 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: With that test i have no doubt that Java isn't taking advantage of AMD Ax APU's; it works normally on the low state but when an application needs extra power the CPU goes to high state running at full speed; Java doesn't turn on that speed boost and the CPU stay on lower state.

Is weird because when i ran DirectX games (Battlefield 3, Skyrim, Ghost Recon FS, etc) or when i use an demanding application (High compression level with 7z/FreeAr, Video conversion with SUPER, etc) my A8-3510mx goes from 1800 to 2500 MHz each core; Java stay on 1800Mhz each core.

hmf this isn't normal, it should detect the load and raise the clock. Are you sure that this happens on all the cores? Maybe when a single or dual core application requests cpu power then the cpu pushes the clock on specific cores..
"New feature on this APU is a Turbo Core technology, that can boost operating frequency up to 2.5 GHz when some cores are not active. "

Remember the cpubench thingy uses all cores it can get!