This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Switch from HTML log file to TXT log file
Hi Beta-Testers,

as you know, Jpcsp is currently producing a log file in HTML format (log.html). This format is not very easy for me to handle for large log files. I would like to switch to a TXT format (for Notepad or Notepad++): log.txt. This would then be much easier for me to search or filter these files.
Has anyone objections on this change?

Also, I could completely disable the console logging which is very slow. Does anyone use it? I just need the generated log file...

These changes would only be changes in the default LogSettings.xml file. You are still free to customize it for your needs (or when I ask for additional debug log).
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
its ok with me, I thought you liked html that's why I always used it, but yea I also like the txt files much more easy to read and smaller to handle, as for console do you mean the java console or the logger window?
(I kinda like the logger window so I can visually see what its doing :p, but i can understand this can cause a speedhit on slower computers)
(10-16-2012, 08:58 AM)hyakki Wrote: its ok with me, I thought you liked html that's why I always used it, but yea I also like the txt files much more easy to read and smaller to handle, as for console do you mean the java console or the logger window?
(I kinda like the logger window so I can visually see what its doing :p, but i can understand this can cause a speedhit on slower computers)
I meant the logger window. OK, I will keep its output enabled.
Always include a complete log file at INFO level in your reports. Thanks! How to post a log
IMO, removing logger window isn't good idea. Wink
should be an option though. logging on debug/trace/all level makes pretty much any game i try them with hang, since the speed goes below 1 fps.
It's better with txt files,in fact I think no one will object.Do as you like since you're the dev Big Grin
Am I the only one with this cool sig?
[Image: ji6WX.png]
[Image: 2404362.png]
Agree with the motion. Also, like @serio said, will be better like an option.
[Image: montcer.png]
(10-16-2012, 11:49 AM)serio Wrote: should be an option though. logging on debug/trace/all level makes pretty much any game i try them with hang, since the speed goes below 1 fps.

(10-16-2012, 10:19 PM)montcer9012 Wrote: Agree with the motion. Also, like @serio said, will be better like an option.

Technically there already is an option (for both)
Settings.properties
gui.openLogwindow= 1/0 shows / hides the logger window on start

for text file logging its found under Debug - Tools - logger - Customize - Settings "Output log results to text file "
or in LogSettings.xml change under the root section HtmlAppender to <appender-ref ref='TxtAppender' />
:p
i meant the part about displaying text in the logger window when it's logging, especially the higher levels like debug or trace. when it's on, it freezes jpcsp for me.

unless of course the text output or saving into file does that, then it probably won't help.
I meant the text on logger windows too; each time i saw there red words i freak out and start searching where it came from hahahaha. If the logger is working but not showing maybe the speed down will not be so dramatically.
[Image: montcer.png]